Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411475 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 02:11:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioLiferaft composer needed [collab]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Liferaft composer needed [collab]  (Read 1677 times)
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »

Howdy all you audacious gentlepeople.

We're currently in development on what will be our first pay-to-play game. It's called Liferaft and we plan on doing a shareware model in Flash. So that basically means people will play the free demo then be prompted to pay for it in order to continue on.

You can play a pre-productionish version here: http://intuitiongames.com/games/liferaft and keep up with our devlog over here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6033.0

What we're looking for is an artist, someone who will respond to the game and create music they love and that we are also blown away by. Sounds are a bonus too, though we will probably end up doing something simple and clean in sFXR if that's not part of the deal. Certainly not as big of a deal to us as the score will be. The finished game will be in three acts, with a probable freeware demo mini-game that will be released a couple months before the full version.

As far as for who we're looking for, it would be someone who is very self-motivated/hard working, has "good taste" and a solid creative vision for the game. We'd rather not dictate what we want the music to be, hopefully that will be dictated by who we choose. We feel that by giving someone creative freedom they will have an emotional investment in the work (which we think is integral to this project) as well receiving well-deserved respect in their abilities/ideas. As far as compensation is concerned we are prepared to share revenue from all games sales that involve your work. i.e. if you work on the mini-game as well, then we'll give you a cut we both agree on. It won't be peanuts, I guarantee you.

The hardest part of this whole thing will undoubtedly be finding the right fit. PM me if you are the least bit interested with some of the work you have done or any ideas you might have on anything, it doesn't even have to be music related.

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

Just a heads-up, we found someone for Liferaft. Thanks TIGSource!

Also, thanks to all who sent in their stuff. Heard a lot of great stuff and met a lot of great folks.

mods: feel free to lock/delete this thread now.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 05:34:26 AM »

Bah, I missed it.  Droop

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic