Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:28:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoBack Door Man [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Back Door Man [FINISHED]  (Read 48065 times)
Grundislav
Level 0

Magic Smiling Cat

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »

Miami is a rough town.  Crime, drugs, humidity...but for an enterprising male prostitute, all that matters is satisfying the clients and getting paid.  The life isn't as glamorous as it seems, though, as you'll soon find out by guiding our man through one crazy night.

Back Door Man is a point and click adventure game in the vein of the early '90s Sierra/LucasArts classics, made with Adventure Game Studio.  The idea stems from one I had for a three-game series featuring three separate characters whose stories interconnect, one game being about this character. This is a condensed version of that game.

Screenshots

Explore Miami's diverse neighborhoods, from the filthy rich to the just plain filthy.

Entertain the locals with tales of your exploits.

FEATURING
- Three separate client scenarios, each with multiple outcomes.
- Multiple endings, depending on how you played.
- Did we mention you play as a man-whore?

TEAM:
Francisco Gonzalez - Art, Writing
Edmundo Ruiz - Programming, Writing
Mark Lovegrove, Simon Loveridge - Music

DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 04:23:59 PM by Grundislav » Logged
edmundito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

Dude, this game is going to be so awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

Okay, I confess, I'm the co-designer and primary programmer for this game. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. This is also my first post in the forum. I mostly read the front page of TIGSource, though I've been reading a few forum posts here and there.... I guess it was time to come out of the darkness and contribute in some way!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:37:01 PM by edmundito » Logged
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »

Holy smokes, this game looks amazing. :O

Man, stiff competition this time around. Welcome to the forum!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
MultiPigeon
Level 0

Executive Walrus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »

I can finally become the man-whore I always wanted to be with the problems with the law that usually follows!

Wow, this game looks great... and sounds BIG! I'm holding my thumbs for you managing to complete this before the deadline.

Condensed, you say? About how much?

My creative side is as big as my lazy side.
The possessor of many ideas.
The accomplisher of few.
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:31:26 AM »

Those screenshots are sexy and now I'm sad because there is no download button! : Screamy

chiguire
Level 0

Indie Games in Spanish!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 03:23:56 AM »

Backdoor Man! It rips the llama's a... er..., looks cool, man! :-D
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:27:18 AM »

Looking forward to it!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 03:27:29 AM »

Oooh, a rather professional looking Adventure Game. About prostitution. From some AGS folk! One of them none other than Magical Smiling Cat!

Ah man, I am loving how this competition is turning out.
Grundislav
Level 0

Magic Smiling Cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 04:24:50 AM »

Condensed, you say? About how much?

Quite a bit, really.  This game features 3 "vignettes" with customers you can play through, whereas the full game would have had the customers as an introduction to the character, then involved a bigger story relating to the other two games.

Still, this game should be an entertaining diversion, offering at least an hour of gameplay depending on how you play it.
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »

Sweet!  Looking forward to it guys!

fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »

Nice art, dude.
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »

Hey, I'm glad to see you're finally getting to try out this idea! Not that Dave Gilbert enterprises wouldn't have funded such a venture, but you know... Wink

Best of luck Mr. Smiling Cat. Smiley
edmundito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 09:16:02 PM »

WE MADE IT! IT'S UP!

(Check out the first post of this thread Wink)
undertech
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »

Just got through it for the first time. I got pretty much the worst ending possible!  Tears of Joy

I really like the pacing, nice and quick. The font reminds me of LSL3, which is good. Can't wait to see the rest of the endings!

Ok found a bug [highlight to read]: When you hide from the guy's wife in the closet, after the wife goes to the bathroom to get ready, she repeats what she said to the guy before going into the bathroom. From then on, you can't leave or do anything: if you try to leave, the wife says "where do you think you're going?"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:44:42 PM by undertech » Logged
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »

Downloaded, will check it out later.

EDIT: BTW, you are on the IndieGames blog!
increpare
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 04:07:31 AM »

heheheh; fantastic guys Smiley
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:51 AM »

That was really fun. How many endings are there? I can't wait to play and see'em all! My Word!

jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 04:59:30 AM »

So I found a bug. When the wife came home I hid in the closet, she said her dialogue, went in the bathroom, then said it all again, and whatever i clicked on just said "where do you think you're going?"
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »

So I found a bug. When the wife came home I hid in the closet, she said her dialogue, went in the bathroom, then said it all again, and whatever i clicked on just said "where do you think you're going?"
I got that too - I think it only happens if you blackmail the guy.

Also, is it possible to save the old lady?  I was able to find the pills, but I could find no way to administer them.  Making the speech bubble appear just made the woman say nonsense, and clicking on the bed just made the message "I don't think that is a good idea now." appear.

The one ending with the younger woman was hilarious!  With the other endings in that story, I caught a very Catcher In The Rye vibe.

This game made me want to learn how to use AGS.  Good work!

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 07:36:08 AM »

I got that bug as well. The bug only appear when you choose to blackmail  Sad

Also, is it possible to save the old lady?  I was able to find the pills, but I could find no way to administer them.  Making the speech bubble appear just made the woman say nonsense, and clicking on the bed just made the message "I don't think that is a good idea now." appear.
SPOILER

You can save her by examining her bag to call for help. The person on the phone will give you advice for which pill you need to use. Then go the bathroom, choose the blue bottle and if you're in time you will automatically go to the old woman and save her. Or at least that's what happen to me.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic