Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:08:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618542 times)
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1900 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »

Okay, I'll give this a shot!
My game is called "Amp, Watts & Circuit". It's named after the three main characters. You can check it out here! http://awc.jamogames.com/

This is them -

Flying Roosters
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1901 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »

The art is gorgeous, the names of the characters are brilliant ( and I like the music on the website )

Bottom line, keep doing what you're doing,it's great!

We Make Beautiful - Check out our Blog or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date!
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: February 11, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »

Okay, I'll give this a shot!
My game is called "Amp, Watts & Circuit". It's named after the three main characters. You can check it out here! http://awc.jamogames.com/

This is them -

I like it. Very original name, taking into consideration the game thematic, gameplay and the characters' names.

Keep that name!

Squidly
Level 1

You See Here a Profile

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 12, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »

Textcrawl's been bothering me as a name.
If you remember, it's the game which is pretty much a roguelike text-adventure type game with the key being its simpler systems, it's essentially a genre at its core.

In the end, however, I feel like TextCrawl fails to represent that... It just sounds... off... Like you can't put it on a box and expect people to like it.

Any suggestions?

W3REWOLF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1904 on: February 12, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »

I'm working on a Binding of Isaac inspired dungeon crawler roguelike. Like BOI, its going to have a strong emphasis on item and equipment collection. I dont have much flashy art or a logo yet but at the moment I'm calling it RUMMAGE. Tell me what you think!

nosheet
Level 0

I’m Nenad, an interaction designer on a mission to

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1905 on: February 13, 2012, 07:11:03 AM »

Hehe, this is fun!
I'm working on an iPad action game, called SpinUp, with a unique spinning mechanics, that...well...makes you go up. Smiley
Here's the website:
www.spin-up-game.com
And the gameplay video:

Makes sense? Sounds cool? Be harsh ! Smiley Thanks
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 13, 2012, 07:47:13 AM »

Textcrawl's been bothering me as a name.
If you remember, it's the game which is pretty much a roguelike text-adventure type game with the key being its simpler systems, it's essentially a genre at its core.

In the end, however, I feel like TextCrawl fails to represent that... It just sounds... off... Like you can't put it on a box and expect people to like it.

Any suggestions?

Clack'n'Slash

I'm working on a Binding of Isaac inspired dungeon crawler roguelike. Like BOI, its going to have a strong emphasis on item and equipment collection. I dont have much flashy art or a logo yet but at the moment I'm calling it RUMMAGE. Tell me what you think!

Rummage is good
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:53:55 AM by capn.lee » Logged
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 13, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »

a roguelike text-adventure type game with the key being its simpler systems, it's essentially a genre at its core.

I don't know what any of that means – it sure doesn't tell me anything useful about the game.
Squidly
Level 1

You See Here a Profile

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »

http://www.tinyurl.com/dungeonexplore

Actions speak better then words, I suppose.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1909 on: February 18, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »

How does InfraTerra sound for a somber exploration-based run-and-gun game in an underground setting?  I like it but can't help but feel it could be better somehow.

tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: February 20, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »

Hi Bennet,

not sure if you still do the game name rating but anyway here's one game of mine:

Suicide Survival

An online multiplayer team based game.

There are two teams. You either play as an overweight WW2 pilot in the survivor team or as a suicider disguised as a pot plant in the suicider team.

The goal for the survivors is to stay alive and to spot the suiciders. They have a couple of throw-able copies of the book: “Gardening for Beginners – by Barbara Bush” as a self-defense weapon.

The goal for suiciders is to sneak up close enough to the survivors in order to blow themselves up. Because each map is full of shrubberies its very hard to spot a real suicidal pot plant among the many fake ones. If a shrubbery isn’t moving, you can’t tell if he is being controlled by another player or not.

The game has a cartoon look along with corresponding sounds.

Screenshots:

I think a gameplay video explains the game concept a lot better so here goes:

I find the name pretty coherent since it tells in two words what the game is about. To survive a suicide attempt. However I realize that the name might be problematic to some. For others it might even be offensive and inappropriate. So I haven't come up with a better name and am open to any suggestions.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1911 on: February 20, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

How does InfraTerra sound for a somber exploration-based run-and-gun game in an underground setting?  I like it but can't help but feel it could be better somehow.

"UNDER FIRE". That's my contribution.

There are two teams. You either play as an overweight WW2 pilot in the survivor team or as a suicider disguised as a pot plant in the suicider team.

"BUSH WHACKED". Thank me later.

peakdap24
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »

This is an idea for a game I'm making and It is Unnamed
Story
The protagonist is T.I.M. (Technologically Incredible Machine). T.I.M. is a robot but, he's not technologically incredible. He has insomnia but, also has narcolepsy. This causes problems with his social life and health.
He always wanted to be normal and one day he planned to find the robot that made him to be fixed. The journey is difficult with insomnia and narcolepsy but T.I.M. meets new friends and discovers more about himself.

Name Ideas:
-The Adventures of a Robot Named T.I.M.
-The Adventures of a Insomniac Narcoleptic Robot Named T.I.M.
-T.I.M. vs. The World
-T.I.M.

More information about the game, T.I.M., and gameplay... read my topic "unnamed game: good idea?" in feedback. (please critique my game)

*thinking of something deep and meaningful for a signature*
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1913 on: February 20, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »

Name Ideas:
-The Adventures of a Robot Named T.I.M.
-The Adventures of a Insomniac Narcoleptic Robot Named T.I.M.
-T.I.M. vs. The World
-T.I.M.

Or

- A Robot Named T.I.M.
- The Adventures of T.I.M

(You could also include an arch-nemesis called T.O.M (Technologically Obsolete Machine) who is like a weird steampunk 70's mainframe that wants to assimilate/is jealous of T.I.M - And then you can call your game T.I.M.T.O.M

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
StevenM1988
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »

I'm shite with names, so this thread sounds right up my alley.

Name: Bullet Carnival
Pitch: Live-a-Live/MegaMan: SHMUP Edition
Concept: You play as an immortal asshole who stomps around Europe unlocking playable characters by beating them up in a boss fight. Eight different styles of 'shooting' including a girl who punches bullets with giant robot claws, a girl whose car warps time and space, a guy who sets remote mines on the ground ready to detonate, a charming dancer who can command enemies to be her bodyguards and meatshields, and the eponymous asshole who uses other peoples' weapons against them. Learn the playing style of each new character by beating them in a boss fight beforehand - so the game doesn't hold your hand when you fight through each character's campaign - and then decide which side to take in the final one-on-seven confrontation.

prototype screenshots
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 21, 2012, 03:31:18 AM »

bush league
don't feed the plants
extreme gardener
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »

names with "T.I.M."

The Incredible Machine games are already known by that acronym.
tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1917 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:19 AM »

bush league
don't feed the plants
extreme gardener

I like: Extreme Gardener
Smiley thank you. However with the next update the theme will start to get a bit broader allowing mappers to use any prop they want. Lets say for example: office chairs vs. business men or cactus vs. cowboys/Mexicans (hello stereotypes). Thinking of it maybe a name with the word stereotype in it would work as well...
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1918 on: February 23, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »

Ive been kinda holding out posting here till I hit a level where I was kinda solid on what I was making, its current name is Commando Bros, kinda started as a joke and just evolved I guess, im not really too happy with the name anymore but then ive never been good at naming stuff anyway.  

Anyway check out the video I guess, look forward to hearing some ideas on another alternate name  Beer!

EricTheCoolDude
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 23, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »

So, we can't come up with a good name for this game we're working on! Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic