Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:48:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620251 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2220 on: December 28, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

so this isn't a game, but I was thinking I needed to start a site for posting up the bizarre experiment games I make and also maybe a few rants. I was going to possible use my name, or something like Game Experiments, Game Lab. Something like that. Any comments?

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2221 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »

so this isn't a game, but I was thinking I needed to start a site for posting up the bizarre experiment games I make and also maybe a few rants. I was going to possible use my name, or something like Game Experiments, Game Lab. Something like that. Any comments?
Game Experiments/Lab sounds too generic, imo--I know of an organization or two that already use those names in some capacity. I think using your name is best if you're looking to make it a sort of personal blog.

-----------------

But hey I'VE GOT NAMIN' PROBLEMS TOO.
I did a blog post at length bout it here: http://dumbandfat.com/title-needed-for-pollushot-sequel/
Basically I'm making a game sequel and am looking for a new name. It's a touch screen game, a sort of shmup where you control a slingshot. Pull-aim-release to launch ammo, break enemies into little bits, catch the bits and use them for your next shot. The original game was called Pollushot. I want something better for this. Whoever names the game goes in the credits.

Any ideas?

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 28, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »

Chomp is an ugly name.

"TrapThem", what you think of that. I think it will burn into heads.

Eh, Chomp is the name of the game's main character, which I made up a while ago, so I'm already attached to the name. TrapThem doesn't really sound like a character name though.

I'm considering starting an RPG game, but I'm not sure what I should title it. Here's the titles I'm considering so far. Also, yes. The main plot point is the main characters visiting another planet (for reasons I will not spoil in case I decide to start it...):

Chomp RPG: War Between Worlds
Chomp RPG: A Tale of Two Planets
Chomp RPG: Chomp's Vacation

Why would you put "RPG" in the title? I just don't understand the impulse some here have to put the genre or style (e.g. voxel, pixel, 8-bit, etc) in the title of the game.

Well, I personally thought it sounded better than the other names, Chomp Saga and Chomp's Adventure. Do you have a better suggestion for the name (because I would love to hear it!)?
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2223 on: December 28, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »

"TrapThem" is the name to evaluate for my upcoming game.
(you gave me a good laugh for mistaking that,btw)

There is a guy on youtube called "ChampChong" with nearly 300.000 subscribers, so name isn't the problem. Chomp is not far away, as for relief.

I think with "chomp's adventure" you cannot go wrong.

I would totally avoid all these combos:

As a rule of thumb, a serious rpg doesn't label itself.

p.s. I personally think just solely "A Tale of Two Planets" is interesting. It evokes some expectations in me. "War between worlds" would be my least favorite. You hear that "generic" stuff all the time.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:15:47 PM by J-Snake » Logged

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 28, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

"TrapThem" is the name to evaluate for my upcoming game.
(you gave me a good laugh for mistaking that,btw)

There is a guy on youtube called "ChampChong" with nearly 300.000 subscribers, so name isn't the problem. Chomp is not far away, as for relief.

I think with "chomp's adventure" you cannot go wrong.

I would totally avoid all these combos:

As a rule of thumb, a serious rpg doesn't label itself.

Lol, okay, and thanks for the criticism. It depends, for a sort of minigame as a part of a larger game or a game jam thing, it would work well, but I don't see "TrapThem" as being the name of a longer game. Also, if you really think "Chomp's Adventure" would be a better name, I'll consider changing it, its just that when I hear "Adventure" in a game's title, I usually think this. Also, if you don't like any of the above subtitles for the game, do you mind suggesting a better one?
Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2225 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

Agree that "Tale of Two Planets" is the best option named thus far for your RPG. "TrapThem" Sounds good to me, too, maybe. It might seem even more interesting to give it some space, like, "Trap Them!"

BUT HEY uh you guys should still be thinkin about me

I did a blog post at length bout it here: http://dumbandfat.com/title-needed-for-pollushot-sequel/
Basically I'm making a game sequel and am looking for a new name. It's a touch screen game, a sort of shmup where you control a slingshot. Pull-aim-release to launch ammo, break enemies into little bits, catch the bits and use them for your next shot. The original game was called Pollushot. I want something better for this. Whoever names the game goes in the credits.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:37:28 PM by Banov. » Logged

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2226 on: December 28, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

Also, if you don't like any of the above subtitles for the game, do you mind suggesting a better one?
I added p.s. in my last post, mentioning that just solely "A Tale of Two Planets" sounds interesting to me, may be because I don't hear it too often.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 28, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »

Hello there, this is an action platform game in a twisted version of our modern world: Irrational buildings, horse-head man and traffic-light-cockroaches firing bullets.

The names we were considering are:
- Urbos ex pest
- Sorrow of the demon
- Akranios
- Anatopia
- Coba

Your main character has a really strong design, is the beak mask inspired by plague doctor's masks? As for your titles...

- Urbos ex pest (This one pops out the most for me. Does it mean anything?)
- Sorrow of the demon (This seems to fit the aesthetic of your game. It's not bad but it's not great either)
-Akranios and Anatopia (I really don't like either of these titles. They're both really forgettable.)
- Coba (this feels tribal, is that a good description for your game?)

Free associating off of what you've got presented, here are some alliterating names.
_______

Maijin Melancholy

Demonic Depression

Oni's Onus

Warbled World

Opium Onset

Kooky Cool's Quacky Cataclysm
pankee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 03, 2013, 06:31:58 AM »

Anyone got any idea about the game I talked about a month ago?

It's a mix of Metroidvania/Roguelike. It's in 2D, and it takes place in a not-so-serious environment, in which the players will have to fight some weird monsters and badass bosses.
Yeah.

Anyway, the game we currently have is "Castloid".
We figured it's not bad, but I think some people on the Internet (Damn you, random people of the Internet) call the Metroidvania kind of games "Castloid" as well.
What do you guys think? (Oh, and if you look on Google, you'll probably stumble upon a "Project Castloid", that's us.)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »

Maijin Melancholy

Demonic Depression

Oni's Onus

Warbled World

Opium Onset

Kooky Cool's Quacky Cataclysm

Oni's Onus Well, hello there!
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2230 on: January 03, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

A disaster has occurred on the cursed remote island where your laboratory is located, and synthetic lifeforms and artificial intelligence are running rampant under the influence of a supernatural power. You play as Vera, a determined biochemist armed with an arsenal of property-altering pills and potions. It is your job to contain the outbreak and vanquish the island's evil indigenous spirits.

Possible names?
-Slime Lab (working title)
-Vial Curse
-Vial Island
-Vera Evil

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

Anyone got any idea about the game I talked about a month ago?

It's a mix of Metroidvania/Roguelike. It's in 2D, and it takes place in a not-so-serious environment, in which the players will have to fight some weird monsters and badass bosses.
Yeah.

Genericoid
Videogametron
Explore-&-Fight

(Seriously, you've given us nothing to work with but the genre.)

A disaster has occurred on the cursed remote island where your laboratory is located, and synthetic lifeforms and artificial intelligence are running rampant under the influence of a supernatural power. You play as Vera, a determined biochemist armed with an arsenal of property-altering pills and potions. It is your job to contain the outbreak and vanquish the island's evil indigenous spirits.

The Vile Land of Doctor Moreau

Well, hello there!
Chairmaster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 03, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

How about rating company game names ?

I was thinking of wrideo games?

How would you rate that?
ink.inc
« Reply #2233 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21:58 AM »

it looks like a typo
impulse9
« Reply #2234 on: January 05, 2013, 10:13:38 AM »

Possible names?
-Vial Curse
-Vial Island

These two sound best in my opinion.
dexter_deluxe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2235 on: January 05, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »

To be rated please:
Noomix is a 3rd person puzzle shooter with a strong focus on individual gameplay for Windows, Mac, Linux and Browser.

Gordo the apetronaut is crash-landed on the fascinating planet of the Noomies. His spacesuit allows him to merge with those little witty creatures and use their powerful abilities. Gordo has to use those powers wisely in order to leave for home again!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:09:36 AM by dexter_deluxe » Logged

DDR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »

Noomix is a decent name, except that it's pronounced like 'new mix' and that won't get me to the game from google. Somewhat alleviated by that anyone telling anyone else about it will probably mention the spelling, though.

My latest game is called Cube Trains. I can think of a few problems with the name, foremost of which is that it doesn't feature cubes, strictly speaking. It was named before the graphics were finalized, and I liked it. Roll Eyes

Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2237 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »

What about "TRAAAAINS!"?

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »

Noomix is a decent name, except that it's pronounced like 'new mix' and that won't get me to the game from google. Somewhat alleviated by that anyone telling anyone else about it will probably mention the spelling, though.

My latest game is called Cube Trains. I can think of a few problems with the name, foremost of which is that it doesn't feature cubes, strictly speaking. It was named before the graphics were finalized, and I liked it. Roll Eyes

Isotrains
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 06, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

Isotrains? Facepalm Is Computer Simulation of Trains already taken? How about Digital Trains, or RGB Trains, or Trains On Your Screen, or Pretend To Play With Trains? Apoplectic No No NO Embarrassed

Noomix is a good name; keep it, but call the noomies "nooms" instead, I say.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic