Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:13:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618472 times)
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2560 on: March 29, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »

Hey Guys, I've been working on a survival horror inspired by Cthulu themes.  I just jammed in a random name "House of the Shunned God", but I'm thinking about something shorter, e.g.:
- Unfathomable
- Mansion of Madness (similar to the board game)
Why not just "The Shunned"?

Orvel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: March 30, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »

Hey Guys, I've been working on a survival horror inspired by Cthulu themes.  I just jammed in a random name "House of the Shunned God", but I'm thinking about something shorter, e.g.:
- Unfathomable

Then the question is: WHO is shunned ?
Orvel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 30, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »

Me and a team have been working on a space shooter called Galactic Junk. We use to call it Space Junk but there were already games out there with that name. The premise behind the game is that you're a broken space ship and you have to travel around space using your blasters (physics) and collect pieces of "junk" which give you upgrades and such.

Here is the forum post:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39756.0

The name sounds boring to me. Junk (of any kind) does not sound exciting. Also, I don't think you want to get the word "junk" anywhere near your game.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2563 on: March 31, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »

Thanks I'll give it a thought.  I would like to include house in there somewhere but I guess I'll try some more combinations  Wink

Hey Guys, I've been working on a survival horror inspired by Cthulu themes.  I just jammed in a random name "House of the Shunned God", but I'm thinking about something shorter, e.g.:
- Unfathomable

fqborges
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 08, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »

What you think about my first one? It an is hexagonal minesweeper like game named Hexplosion Minesweeper.
Here is the post to playtest it: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39981.0
And some screens:

siskavard
« Reply #2565 on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »

I'd drop the "Minesweeper" part. Hexplosion by itself is pretty solid
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2566 on: April 08, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »

I agree with Siskavard. Hexplosion sounds awesome. The Minesweeper is unnecessary.

abgtan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 14, 2014, 03:43:57 AM »

Hexplosion is a hexcellent name.  Beer!
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 14, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »

I agree, Hexplosion rocks
tjcbs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2569 on: April 14, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »

My game is currently called PAPER, and it's about the ties between the dream world and the waking world. There's a bunch of narrative and you have to decide whether dreams or reality is more important.

The way I'm currently justifying this title in my head is because I plan to use paper (money, origami, newspaper, fragile/disposable quality) as a metaphor in different ways using its multiple formal/slang definitions. Also the whole game is hand drawn and scanned in.

I think that that name would be a b!tch to google, though I'm no expert. My amateur attempt: "Paper world" or "Paper story"?

Wow that looks really cool. Maybe some pretentious misspelling, like Päiper?

Paint
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 16, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »

Me and a team have been working on a space shooter called Galactic Junk. We use to call it Space Junk but there were already games out there with that name. The premise behind the game is that you're a broken space ship and you have to travel around space using your blasters (physics) and collect pieces of "junk" which give you upgrades and such.
"Junk Space" ?
Jupitron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2571 on: April 29, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »

Here is the forum post:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39756.0

"PowerBlasters"
"PowerJunk"
"GalacticDebris"
"GravityJunk"
"ZeroJunk"
"ZeroDebris"

Let me know if that helps, maybe later ill test it and throw some more
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:17 AM »

Hey!
We're working on a theme park simulation game in the spirit of Rollercoaster Tycoon, but with a stronger focus on business aspects. Our best name idea so far is "Amusements Inc.", but it doesn't completely convince us yet...
We thought the name should tell that it's about theme parks and business simulation, but maybe we should go into a different direction? Shrug

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
Orvel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:57 AM »

Hey!
We're working on a theme park simulation game in the spirit of Rollercoaster Tycoon, but with a stronger focus on business aspects. Our best name idea so far is "Amusements Inc.", but it doesn't completely convince us yet...
We thought the name should tell that it's about theme parks and business simulation, but maybe we should go into a different direction? Shrug

Your game looks great Smiley. I am no expert, but to me "Amusments Inc." sounds terrible. IMO it would be best for your game to have "Roller Coaster" in its name. If someone reads the name, he/she will instantly know that the game involves Roller Coasters.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:01:49 AM by Orvel » Logged
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 06, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »

Thanks Smiley
There already are some big games in this genre with "roller coaster" or "theme park" in their name, so I think it's basically impossible to use that...doesn't make it easy to come up with a good name Smiley

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
siskavard
« Reply #2575 on: May 06, 2014, 04:03:46 PM »

Coasters Incorporated
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »

Oh yeah, that sounds quite nice! Could we use that?

digitalskyfire
Level 0

Making games is really hard, so I just voice them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2577 on: May 19, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »

I'm working on a tactics RPG about a trio of former ninja who now work as a cop, a DA, and a a judge. The city is too far gone, and the system no longer works, so it's time to resume their ninja methods.

"Shinobi Justice: Tactics"
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 20, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »

I'm working on a tactics RPG about a trio of former ninja who now work as a cop, a DA, and a a judge. The city is too far gone, and the system no longer works, so it's time to resume their ninja methods.

"Shinobi Justice: Tactics"

I would prefer just "Shinobi Justice", that "tactics" sounds like portable console game (Final Fantasy Tactics for example) or a spin-off.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2579 on: May 20, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »

I agree with Karl but mostly because I think "Tactics" being in a game title is overused nowadays.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic