Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:18:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620189 times)
digitalskyfire
Level 0

Making games is really hard, so I just voice them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2580 on: May 21, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »

I'm working on a tactics RPG about a trio of former ninja who now work as a cop, a DA, and a a judge. The city is too far gone, and the system no longer works, so it's time to resume their ninja methods.

"Shinobi Justice: Tactics"

I would prefer just "Shinobi Justice", that "tactics" sounds like portable console game (Final Fantasy Tactics for example) or a spin-off.
I agree with Karl but mostly because I think "Tactics" being in a game title is overused nowadays.
So you don't think using, "tactics," as a message about the gameplay outweighs the cliche?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2581 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »

I think 'Shinobi Justice' sounds kind of bland, like a forgettable mobile game.
Having Tactics as a subtitle is fine especially if it's an FFT-esque tactics game, gets people's mind to the right place, but maybe something from within the world would be better as a title?

I almost think 'Ninja Method'/'Ninja Methods' would be better because it's unconventional and makes you wonder, but doesn't really work with 'Tactics' on the end.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 25, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »

Oh yeah, that sounds quite nice! Could we use that?
I have a naming suggestion if you haven't already finished the game.
"Keep all hands inside the coaster simulator at all times"

jc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 27, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »

Hey guys. I'm currently working on a game and can't think of a good name for the life of me. It's a 4-player side-scrolling shooter with Atari-like graphics. Throughout the game, you hop from planet to planet in a "choose your own path" type of thing kinda like Starfox or Castlevania 3. I wanted to call it "bit something" or "byte something" but can't quite think of anything that sticks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Smiley

Here are some screenshots to give you an idea..
http://imgur.com/x0B7Z5w
http://imgur.com/UjUwKis
http://imgur.com/O5aUgwP
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »

Hey guys. I'm currently working on a game and can't think of a good name for the life of me. It's a 4-player side-scrolling shooter with Atari-like graphics. Throughout the game, you hop from planet to planet in a "choose your own path" type of thing kinda like Starfox or Castlevania 3. I wanted to call it "bit something" or "byte something" but can't quite think of anything that sticks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Smiley

Here are some screenshots to give you an idea..
http://imgur.com/x0B7Z5w
http://imgur.com/UjUwKis
http://imgur.com/O5aUgwP
If it's relatively easy, call it "Bit and Byte"
If it's hard, call it "Bit Crushers"

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2585 on: May 28, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »

METROMIZER or METROMIZED

How do you like

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
jc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 29, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. "Bit Crushers" sounds perfect.  Grin
Sorsy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2587 on: June 05, 2014, 06:09:45 AM »

Hello everyone, I am curently working on a 2D platformer with strong influence from game Journey. You as a player control diver who wears a historical diving helmet and you go through world that is in someones mind. Since today a was thinking about name Subdiver, but I've found that there is already a game called that, and even some other nonsense. So I guess that is out of the game.
What I thought up next is Dive Through, which seems ok, but there may be a resemblance with very well known drive-throughs all over the world. So now I'm stuck. Could someone please get me some ideas for a name?

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: June 10, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »

Mind Diver
Deep in thought
Inner conflict
Destination Journey

oranebeast
Level 0

Head of Team Retronome

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: June 13, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »

Hi! Here are a few names of mine I need reviewed

Trail - Space game where the trail of your spaceship destroys the enemys
IO - Reflection Puzzle Game based in a Microchip
Jomega - Apocalyptic game

Thanks!  Smiley
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: June 16, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »

I agree with Karl but mostly because I think "Tactics" being in a game title is overused nowadays.
So you don't think using, "tactics," as a message about the gameplay outweighs the cliche?

Where did the notion that a game name has to tell the player how it's played come from? There's just no need.
denico
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 16, 2014, 10:48:55 PM »

Hello,

It is so incredible hard to find a good name for a game ! The domainname has to be free etc etc.
Our latest game is called:

DOGGLE RUN

It looks like this:

It is a free retro maze running game for iOS.

We used Doggle, because it is not an existing word. Sometimes it is used for a small dog, but nevertheless, I think it sounds cute or positive. What do you think of the name " Doggle Run "  ?

Did we choose wel, or do you have a better name ?

Maybe I have to check out this thread while the game is still under development :-)

Remco

Canned Turkey
« Reply #2592 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »

I'm thinking about the title Subterranea.
It's a metriodvainea that feels harsh and dense, the player is exploring an underground environment with dangers and wonders around every corner. Lots of inspiration from metriod, and nausica of the valley of the wind.

The flower on the top and the sea algae look weird 'cause of the animation smears.
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 21, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »

In the same vein, Subterrestria/Subterrestrea could be a potential candidate too. I do hope this develops into a decent sized game, I love lo-fi aesthetics.
If those hearts are a life meter I think they'd be better fixed to a corner of the screen as opposed to above the player.
VBS
Level 0

Digital nomad and indie game developer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2594 on: June 24, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »

Hey, so my game isn't released yet, but originally I sent to the the Apple store for review with the name "Laser Ship Destroyer", how ever, I'm having doubts about the the name now, and I am considering "Laser Ship Infinity" as an alternative. What do you think?

To give a little more context, it's supposed to be an arcade style, retro aesthetics (pixel art) with chiptunes soundtrack and sound effects. You have a ship and you navigate obstacles while shooting as much as you can down with your puny laser, one hit, one kill, one touch you die, game over. Gameplay is randomly generated and goes on forever unless, of course, you die. It's supposed to be super casual in the veign of Flappy Bird, easy to learn, primary game mechanic is based on score accumulation. So you can see why I'm considering "Infinity" as opposed to "Destroyer". I'm getting the feeling like "Destroyer" is too negative maybe?

Digital nomad and indie game developer. Find out more on my tumblr blog: http://victorbstan.tumblr.com/
Canned Turkey
« Reply #2595 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:13 AM »

In the same vein, Subterrestria/Subterrestrea could be a potential candidate too. I do hope this develops into a decent sized game, I love lo-fi aesthetics.
If those hearts are a life meter I think they'd be better fixed to a corner of the screen as opposed to above the player.

Ill go with Terrestria, simply for readability. Also, the hearts are above the player because when they fade in and out when needed, and when they were in the corner the player didn't notice them. Also, i'll start a devlog now that I have a name.
ink.inc
« Reply #2596 on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »

little too close to terraria imo
Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: June 26, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »

I don't know if my question is relevant for the topic, but:

I have a game in development, it's title is Thank God For The Rain.

Well, this is a reference to the phrase from the Taxi Driver movie. Is this legal? Can someone have rights for entire phrases etc?

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 26, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »

I'm no expert in copyright laws, but I'm pretty sure one can't copyright a phrase. You can copyright a slogan, but not a phrase or sentence in itself.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 27, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »

I'm no expert in copyright laws, but I'm pretty sure one can't copyright a phrase. You can copyright a slogan, but not a phrase or sentence in itself.
I think their actually was a phrase that John Romero copyrighted for his game Daikatana, but I can't think of what it was...

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic