Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:21:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620063 times)
MAVW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2600 on: June 27, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »

Well, this is a reference to the phrase from the Taxi Driver movie. Is this legal? Can someone have rights for entire phrases etc?
I'm not an expert on copyright laws either but I doubt that this is the case of an slogan like Nike's 'just do it'. Either way maybe you could check if they have some kind of legal ownership over this phrase?Just to make sure...

So, I'm on early development of my next game AMI!?
I did a little brainstorm once to write down ideas and ended up sticking with that one for the moment.
The problem is, I think I'm getting used to the name so I don't know anymore if it's actually something worth iterating on or completely bad and should be changed.

AMI!? is a party game which revolves around multiple people playing a mini-games and laughing at each other.
if the description wasn't enough (probably isn't) there's a couple of images and more info on the devlog http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=41617.0

ALSO, maybe using '!?' (special characters) in the name might be a problem? Like places that don't let you input special characters?

Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 28, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »

Ok, thanks for suggestions guys!

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
Squidly
Level 1

You See Here a Profile

View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »

"The Last Princess"

Plot revolves around a princess who has to retake her castle from an invading rival kingdom and ultimately finish a divide that was started 200 years ago.
Bandages
« Reply #2603 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

You could try replacing "the last" with "ultimate" which means roughly the same. "Ultimate Princess" has a nice edge to it.
madfatcat
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 02, 2014, 12:45:51 AM »

Hi all,

I'm working on a two player game where players use bombs to hurt each other and I hope the community will help me with the title. I'm focusing mostly on iOS and Android platforms. My variants are:

1. Explo Duell
2. Exploduell
3. Bomb Duell
4. Explomania
5. Explomaniacs

I like "Explomania" best, but the word "duell" in the title shows that it's a two player game, which is pretty important I think. What are your thoughts on this?

keenPenguin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2605 on: July 02, 2014, 08:36:09 AM »

SUPERCOIL

1. Sounds and reads almost like supercool
2. My game is about electrodynamics, so a reference to coils makes sense
3. DNA supercoiling is actually a thing.

Since my game is about electrodynamics (ED), alternatively

supercoilED

might work. But since the -ed is silent I think it might be hard to convey in conversation.

Alternatively, simply

CHARGE
or chargED

But the problem this is not very google friendly. What do you think?

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 04, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

I'm no expert in copyright laws, but I'm pretty sure one can't copyright a phrase. You can copyright a slogan, but not a phrase or sentence in itself.

You can copyright virtually anything. (This post is copyright.) But trademark and copyright laws are very different things.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 04, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »

Hi all,

I'm working on a two player game where players use bombs to hurt each other and I hope the community will help me with the title. I'm focusing mostly on iOS and Android platforms. My variants are:

1. Explo Duell
2. Exploduell
3. Bomb Duell
4. Explomania
5. Explomaniacs

I like "Explomania" best, but the word "duell" in the title shows that it's a two player game, which is pretty important I think. What are your thoughts on this?

Being two-player isn't important enough that you need to jam a reference to that in that name. Virtually every description of the game will mention that it's for two players. (You even felt had to explain why you put two Ls in the names, so as a cue it doesn't work anyway.)

If Tiggers had their way, Super Mario Bros would have been called Nintendo Jumping Platform Pixel Man 8-Bit.
arceon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 06, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »

Hello,
I'm thinking of calling my sci-fi shooter "Kepler-186". Kepler-186 is an actual star recently discovered to have an Earth-sized planet with a possibility of containing water at the edge of the star's habitable zone. The plot of the game will play out in that solar system. Thoughts?
keenPenguin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2609 on: July 07, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »

Sorry for my long philosophical discussion about SUPERCOIL previously in this thread.

But seriously, how does SUPERCOIL sound to your ears? I like it but I really don't know how other people react. Do we have an inflation of the prefix super- these days?

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »

Hey guys, what do you think about "TetriTower"?
It's basically a game where the goal is to use your current block(top left corner) and adding it to the tower. The higher you build up without having the tower fall over, the higher your score is. Think Tetris combined with some sort of reverse Jenga.

Thanks!

CookieEngine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2611 on: July 08, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »

How does "GunBlocks" sound?

It's a game about talking guns going on adventure on a blocky planet -> http://www.gunblocks.com/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:03:31 PM by CookieEngine » Logged

Kyuugatsu
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:16 AM »

How does "GunBlocks" sound?

It's a game about talking guns going on adventure on a blocky planet -> http://www.gunblocks.com/

Sounds a bit too literal to me. A bit like calling pac-man "Pellet Ghosts". I think literal names can work when they entice excitement. "Gunblocks" wouldn't fit that category for me.

Maybe something silly, like "Puzzle Muzzle" would be better. Tongue

lucidz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 15, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »

I would like a go at this!

My game's name is Batch 17. 

The game is a modern gen sci fi third person shooter, and you play as a character who is a clone who is slowly starting to remember things about the past of the human from which you are cloned.  With each batch of clones created, new and unique problems have been introduced, but nothing as severe as in your batch, Batch 17.

What do you guys think?
JimmyBouker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: July 15, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

Hey man!

The name of the app is "TouchIt"
http://touchitapp.com

What do you think?
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 15, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »

Hey man!

The name of the app is "TouchIt"
http://touchitapp.com

What do you think?

Mmmmm... It's too generic in my opinion
ChoinHeap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2616 on: July 18, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »

Over My Dead Body Noir
CookieEngine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2617 on: July 18, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »

Over My Dead Body Noir
That's an inspiring name!

teedoubleu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 23, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »

I really need help figuring a name for my game. Give me your best ideas! :D

You can check out the demo here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39420.0
kebabskal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2619 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »

I'm working on a game tentatively called "Tiny Wizard".

It's top down, procedurally generated, action centric, pew pew-tastic with permadeath and other roguelike-like stuff.

Plays like this:

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic