Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:57:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620079 times)
RinseWashrepeat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2640 on: September 26, 2014, 11:45:26 AM »

I'm making a simple runner game where the key is that a character will jump when you press on the screen, but when you let go of the screen, another character jumps. I'm thinking of giving it a 'programme' look. You know, 0's and 1's. That stuff.

How does 'On_Release()' work as a name? I thought that having slightly weird characters in the title would make it easier to find. Am I wrong?

gbelo
Level 0

hanging out

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2641 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »

Centuple Trouble. So named because you have one baby cousin to rescue in each of 100 levels, and also those cousins are centuplets. That's 12.5 times the number of -lets that Octomom had.

Qu0t3
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: October 02, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »

I'm making an exploration/puzzle game called "Abraham Brigsby: The Gentleman Exorcist"
debugchicken
Level 1

Out of the sky, into the dirt.

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 05, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »

I too need help with my game name.

My game is a 2D pixel MegamanX4-WithZero-esque platformer.

Here's a screen:

Current name is: Borealis

The main character name is Asellus Borealis.

I'm naming every character and place locations based on the cancer constalation stars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_Cancri

The game takes place in a ficticious planet there that resembles earth.
Devr0s
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2644 on: October 05, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »

Our game will be an evil mansion management game...

Whats wrong with "Evil Mansion"? or "Hotel Hell" etc names that evoke the core of the game.

Devr0s
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2645 on: October 05, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »

I'm making a simple runner game where the key is that a character will jump when you press on the screen, but when you let go of the screen, another character jumps. I'm thinking of giving it a 'programme' look. You know, 0's and 1's. That stuff.

How does 'On_Release()' work as a name? I thought that having slightly weird characters in the title would make it easier to find. Am I wrong?

Having those characters in your game will not conform to most naming rules for any website or store. Never have those in your name. What about "I jump, They jump" as an example. Simple and straightforward and tells the player what they will be doing.

Sorsy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2646 on: October 09, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »

Shite... I'm working on a game which I wanted to call Cow Abductors. Today I searched google just from curiosity (why haven't I done that before? I don't know) and found out that Cow Abductors already exists on iOS, release 2013. Also there is a game Cow Abductor also released 2013. It seems that google heard about them very little as they have only blank pages on metacritic and other similiar pages. What do I do? It seems that those games didn't get any acclaim and nobody have heard of them. Also the name Cow Abductors isn't really that special and rather generic I think. So should I just don't care or should I rename my game? Some ideas if that is the case?

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: October 13, 2014, 06:34:39 AM »

Hey,

My game is called Hovercraft. It's a lander type game for Android where you try to hover/fly a craft of some sort to a landing zone.

Considering the game's premise; is Hovercraft a good name?

Thanks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bornander.hovercraft

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
Kytin
Level 0

Just hatched

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2648 on: October 13, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »

I had originally named my game Dragon's Passage, but at the urging of colleagues I changed it. I ended up going with the name Dragon's Wake, which I actually like better, but I would be interested to get extra opinions.

The game itself is a 2D adventure platformer where you play as a newly hatched dragon. You have to learn to fly and breathe fire while on an adventure to find/make a place for yourself in the world.

Dragon's Wake - Devlog
ThePhotoshop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »

Hello!

I am tossing up between "Wildfire" and "Firewalker". The game is a 2D platformer in which you control the element of fire to indirectly affect enemies through fear as it propagates across flammable surfaces. Your character is not immediately damaged by fire.

gbelo
Level 0

hanging out

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2650 on: October 23, 2014, 07:37:08 AM »

I had originally named my game Dragon's Passage, but at the urging of colleagues I changed it. I ended up going with the name Dragon's Wake, which I actually like better, but I would be interested to get extra opinions.
"Dragon's Wake" flows better as a name.  It also connotes that your lil' dude has a big dragon in him (thereby potential) all along, and that it awakens throughout the course of the game.
I am tossing up between "Wildfire" and "Firewalker". The game is a 2D platformer in which you control the element of fire to indirectly affect enemies through fear as it propagates across flammable surfaces. Your character is not immediately damaged by fire.[/img]
Something with "Wildfire", definitely.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels right. In one sense, it's an appropriate play on an existing word. Almost that, since wildfires are thought of as uncontrolled, but here your player is controlling fire, your player is seen as pretty powerful.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But  Beer!

Schilcote
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 25, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

Plus, "firewalker" makes me think of that shitty Mass Effect 2 DLC.

I called my Pyweek 19 entry INJECTION. It's a little ANSI-art puzzle game where you can press semicolon to write and execute arbitrary code that affects puzzle elements (I.E. if I need a door open, you can just say "door.open=True").
timwhite
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: October 27, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »

Interesting theory... Through I'm not sure whether the name builds the game, or the game builds the name, in most situations.
ThePhotoshop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 27, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Thanks!

Here's another more specific question - one or two words? eg "Wildfire", or "Wild Fire"?

I like the emphasis on two words allowing "wild" (eg uncontrolled) to come to the fore, plus it will probably be easier to differentiate in searches. But there's something very clean and contained about one word.
Uber
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: November 05, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

The name of my game right now is: The Game: Gameplay Edition

indie developer - codeuniversal
Orvel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: November 13, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

The name of my game right now is: The Game: Gameplay Edition

Based on that name I can't even begin to guess what the game is about. The name is just bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:03:23 PM by Orvel » Logged
veta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 17, 2014, 09:41:35 AM »

Starific!

Tentative name.
ID2Games
Level 0

ID2 Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: November 17, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »

OK I've got one for you... Our game is called "Fizz+Hummer"
*Glup... braces for impact*
BizarreTomato
« Reply #2658 on: December 03, 2014, 09:29:35 PM »

I decided the name for a game I created in a jam really quickly, practically the last thing I did, so I shall test it's mettle here.

The name of my game is No Crying in Hell.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2659 on: December 03, 2014, 10:42:19 PM »

That's a good name.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic