Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:07:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 612217 times)
OmegaPointGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 04, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »

Rubber & Lead

any opinions? my game is basically an homage to AutoDuel so I needed something to evoke 'vehicle combat'

andrewjohn1317
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2741 on: April 06, 2015, 04:32:09 AM »

Wait a minute I just spent a minute or two playing your game, which is pretty rad. This name is evocative and original, but it is too long. I think the power of a name diminishes after it goes beyond three or four words. The word 'very' does nothing.

Get FREE Stuff , Products and Coupons http://www.munchkinsandwich.com/free-stuff-USA
andrew.r.lukasik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: April 12, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »

"Rubber & Lead" +1
"Heavens Below" sounds ok, but you may want to change that illustration with girl on a pink phallic thing to something else Smiley

What do you think about "Keep Your Positions!"? I'm not a native english speaker and I'm concerned about it's proper english-ness
It supposed to be for kind of tower defense game hence "Keep Your Positions!" (something probably to be vocalized as shout at start). What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Edit: Thank you guys for your feedback!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:13:37 AM by andrew.r.lukasik » Logged
Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 12, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »

"Keep Your Positions!" sounds good. Especially if theres a vocal of someone shouting it like you said.

I'll throw my hat in the ring.
What do you guys think about "Gundamonium"?

It's going to be a fast paced, frantic shooter game. I went for a name that instills a feeling of epic panic.
And, since it has guns, I just smashed the two words together!

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2744 on: April 12, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »

You'd get the crap sued out of you. Cheesy Seriously, the Gundam metal is called Gundamnium (sp?). Japan's best lawyers will take everything you have if you even attempt to use anything that sounds like it.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 13, 2015, 02:01:29 AM »

Ah. Should have thought about that more.  Facepalm
What should a good name be then?
Maybe I'll just keep Gundamonium as a test name until I find a new name.

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:47 AM »

What do you think about "Keep Your Positions!"? I'm not a native english speaker and I'm concerned about it's proper english-ness
It supposed to be for kind of tower defense game hence "Keep Your Positions!" (something probably to be vocalized as shout at start). What do you think? Yay or Nay?

An English speaker is more likely to say "Hold Your Positions".
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »

Judge my game's name (name and link to devlog in the signature)

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2748 on: April 13, 2015, 07:15:53 PM »

Ah. Should have thought about that more.  Facepalm
What should a good name be then?
Maybe I'll just keep Gundamonium as a test name until I find a new name.
I'm not sure. Just prepared to physically attacked by Otakus in Gundam armor daily if you do decide to keep that name.
Judge my game's name (name and link to devlog in the signature)
CV Sim?

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
The_A_Drain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »

I'd like to know what people think of the name TERMINAL:DROP

The game itself (I just started a devlog here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47472.0 ) is a Super Monkey Ball inspired gameplay style set in a retro-future virtual space (think Tron/Lawnmower Man) which has been destabilized by a scientist who went mad in the process of digitising his consciousness.

It has a bit of a double meaning, Terminal as in computer Terminal, but also Terminal Drop is a medical definition for decline in cognitive function due to old age.

Other titles I considered were:
MAINFRAME:DROP
Stop(Drop,Roll);
Drive.Trajectory
Terminal.Run()

Would really appreciate any criticism, I suuuuck at naming things.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 19, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »

Your explanation for TERMINAL:DROP sounds logic. The other titles are not as good as the title you chose. I'd avoid "run", "drive" and "stop" because your game is about rolling a sphere. I like "terminal". "trajectory" is cool, too.
sacada
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 27, 2015, 03:07:29 AM »

Hi Guys, what do you think my game's title - LOGistICAL ?
It's a transport game so the name comes from Logistics and Logic.

The game is a strategy/puzzle game where you buy trucks to deliver cargo to complete the towns' needs. As you progress you have to create your cargoes out of other cargoes at the various industries throughout the towns. There is also roads to fix, industries to upgrade, buy industries, contracts to complete, and a bunch of other things to do, etc.

http://logisticalgame.com

zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:28 AM »

@cookingsource: Shaman Beat sounds good, have you considered "shaka bum bum"? Well, hello there!

so, suggestions much appreciated! Toast Left

First of all, the "shaka bum bum" suggestion is really great and sounds less generic than shaman beat (which is a good name none the less!)

How about the names for your game:
Run Like Hell (which is also the name of a Pink Floyd song  Grin)
Lucifer's Fall (which is the name of a band I found while I googled if this name is taken)

I have a few non-refined ideas for a name for my game and suggestions are very much appreciated:

Hoppy Hamstar and the Slimers from Mars (anyone getting the innuendo gets a cookie)
Kutschiputz (which is a fantasy word that happens to sound cute in German)
Hamza's Hop and Roll (I kinda like the name Hamza and it's similar to hamster)

Here's a (very random) screenshot:

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
Jgramosli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 13, 2015, 12:23:10 AM »

Rockstar Mojo for an action platformer on Android.  The storyline is about a scientist who steals a rock stars mojo.

http://www.destructivestudios.com/rockstarmojo

Here are some gif's Smiley

The Mech level:

Random Slow motion death with a sort of bullet time

Flamethrowers! Amongst the 24 weapons, you can see the ragdoll physics here too.
TankDuck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 13, 2015, 01:50:42 AM »

TANKROBATICS TANK DUCK is a 4 player local battle arena in which you charge, hop, spin, back flip, butt slam, wall jump and smash around the environment. Spam tank shells or charge up that one beautiful shot to explode your opponent. Pick up Lasers, mines and all that good stuff.

Also this is my first post after quite a while lurking. Let me know what you honestly think of the name, names are tough.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:48:08 AM by TankDuck » Logged
kythg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2755 on: May 13, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »

Cloud Critters

In Cloud Critters you hop left and right, avoiding obstacles and collecting coins. There are 60+ critters to play with and collect as you collect high scores

@shedworksgreg

www.shed-works.co.uk
Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 13, 2015, 03:18:00 AM »

This is a game we've been working on for a few months now. It's a simple platformer game where you play with a cute little chicken. We want the game's name to be short and simple and so far we've come up with a name 'tipu' or with a line, 'ti-pu'. What do you think of the name and do you have any other name suggestions for the game?  Smiley

Thanks, and by the way we'll put up a devlog shortly Wink
TankDuck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »

I really like the name cloud critters kythg!

A quick Google tells me that you're already the number 1 result. The name has parallels with Crossy Road, that's a good or bad thing depending on what you're aiming to do I guess.
kythg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2758 on: May 13, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »

I really like the name cloud critters kythg!

A quick Google tells me that you're already the number 1 result. The name has parallels with Crossy Road, that's a good or bad thing depending on what you're aiming to do I guess.

Haha, Crossy Road parallels are definitely a good thing! We really admire what they're doing, and hope to replicate elements of their design approach whilst adding our own twist.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

@shedworksgreg

www.shed-works.co.uk
Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »

@TankDuck, I actually like the name Tank Duck. How about Duck Arena though?

@kythg, Cloud Critters is a great name! Really suits the game too. By the way those critters are so cute and cuddly :3
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic