Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:29:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618477 times)
Super80sWorld
Level 0

Super 80s World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2800 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »

Even though it's a little late to entertain other names, this thread looked pretty interesting to me.

I have a retro-platformer that's set in the 1980s - every year is a different world set in 80s retro style.

I had struggled between Outrun the 80s and Super 80s World (among many many other names) before settling on Super 80s World.

It might be interesting to see some of the feedback I received doing an A/B test on the name.

Thanks for any feedback.

Super 80s World

http://Super80sWorld.com

The retro-platformer set in the 1980s!
Shevchly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:51 AM »

Nice idea =)
Name of my game - "Another Hikka`s Story"  Tongue
bloobchube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2802 on: January 17, 2016, 05:26:40 AM »

Ok. My game's name is The Cave. Check it's thread out here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52389.msg1213050#msg1213050 So The Cave is about surviving against waves of ghosts that are getting faster and spawning more often as you get a higher score. So here's a screenshot:

So... yeah. The game is pretty primitive and undeveloped. But I just want to know if the name is good. The setting is a haunted cave where your character is trapped and has to fight off ghosts until he dies. Thanks  Smiley
jeremiah
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2803 on: January 17, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »

^Afraid not. There's a popular double fine game called The Cave. Not only that, it seems to be pretty generic.

A simple, cheesy improvement is GHOST CAVECheesy

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike - dev log
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2804 on: January 21, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »

Senator Romanus

You are a young roman senator trying to become emperor of Rome. Inspire, lie and assassinate your way into power.

Is Senator Romanus a good name?

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: January 22, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »

Senator Romanus

You are a young roman senator trying to become emperor of Rome. Inspire, lie and assassinate your way into power.

I think Senator Romanus sounds a bit boring. How about "Veni vidi vici"?
Algorithmic Software
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 24, 2016, 03:51:48 AM »

Hello,we is the new team of creators of mobile applications - Algorithmic Software.
 Around is brilliant and easy game which will not let you get bored even for a minute! Collect coins, buy new balls, but you should be careful, avoid spikes, because they are deathly dangerous. Check, what you can do!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AlgorithmicSoftware.Around
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 24, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »

Cheesy Big Laff Roll Eyes

I'm sorry!
FREAKNARF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2808 on: January 28, 2016, 02:14:51 PM »

Hi there !
For the first time i feel able to really finish and keep on polishing a game, so i would like to think twice about this game's tittle.

I made "GrowSeedPinball" during last LD, and i think i'll keep working on it for a while. It's a MMORPG inspired by 3d Sex Vila pinball of course, because I spent too much time playing Kirby's Pinball Land as a kid, and it was *meant* to tell the story of a Seed ascending from the grave to the sky. (The story is not really explained in-game *for now* :/)

So Our "little hero" needed a name, so i thought about Sid for his first name, and Pineball could be his last name...

So the game's name could become "Grow Sid Pineball !" ! tada !
I love '!' in names ! and everywhere !

As i'm a french frog, i don't know if my English translated poor humor really fits. What do you think about it ? I draw this tiny potential title screen :

And it could be tried here :

http://freaknarf.itch.io/grow-seed-pinball

Thank you Wink

knarf

K
AngryAgendaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 11, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »

Ooh,this is an itneresting thread, I'll go ahead and give it a shot. My game is currently known as 'I Want To Believe'. It is a Narrative RPG with puzzle elements, focused around a powerful, sapient, and rogue AI and a bomb defusing expert wrangling with questions about faith, anxiety, and humanity.

Here is a screenshot of the puzzle system:

Uh, ignore all the unity stuff.

I hope that, whatever change I make, I make it a good one.
magius96
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2810 on: February 16, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »

I'm curious what he'd come up with, so I'll post.  You can find my game in the DevLogs as Project Exploration.  That's obviously a code name for the project as I haven't yet come up with a name yet.  So let me give you a quick rundown of the game.

You fly your spaceship around the galaxy, from planetary system to planetary system, trying to raise money to pay back a loan from a rather seedy loan shark.  The interest on the loan is compounded daily. (The date changes every time to enter a new system.)  If you fail to pay the loan back, the loan shark will hunt you down by following your trail through the galaxy.  Stay ahead of the loan shark long enough and he'll give up, but if you ever enter any system that is allied with him, he'll start hunting you again.

There are only 3 outcomes; The player pays off the loan, kills the loan shark, or gets killed by the loan shark.

How the player collects the money is entirely up to them.  They can do missions, be a pirate, go mining, join a militia, or even be a merchant.

Along the way the player can swap out their ship and fly any ship in the game, as well as upgrade parts of the ship as they see fit.

It may also be important to note that the entire galaxy is dynamically generated.  Ever star you see in the galaxy is a separate planetary system complete with a sun, several planets, a space station, and possibly an asteroid belt.

- Jason Yarber (Magius96)
Website - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2811 on: February 20, 2016, 01:32:17 AM »

I noticed this thread is still going without any actual name criticism happening.

FREAKNARF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2812 on: February 21, 2016, 12:04:05 AM »

I noticed this thread is still going without any actual name criticism happening.
Yep, it was not such constructive as I expected.

I concluded people were not enthousiast about the game(at least the name), as there was no feedback on it and no visit from the link I've posted above.

I think Around is pretty neat and sober, and fits nicely with what I saw from the game. If there is not already 100 games and stuff named like this I think it's great.
I want To Believe sounds quite nice too, but i was expecting some alien background somewhere... where does it come from ?

cheers!

K
ericstargamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 04, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

hey how do u like this name for a game I'm making with rpg maker mv (gamers life adventure)
ericstargamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 06, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »

how does the name gamers life adventure sounds
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2815 on: March 23, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »

"Quantum Pilot"

You fight clone copies of your ship that mirror how you killed them.

Ger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 30, 2016, 12:51:17 AM »

Hi quantumpotato,

"Quantum Pilot" does sounds interesting. My first impression was the game would be about different dimensions or time travel.

If you want an alternative that explains the game and at the same time sounds interesting to play here are 7 alternative suggestions:

I, Enemy
I'm my Enemy
Enemy is I
Must Defeat Self
Doppelganger's Revenge
Cloneship Revenge
Fight Yourself Starship
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:10:38 AM by Ger » Logged
Ger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 30, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »

Hi AngryAgendaGames,

"I want to believe" might be burred by Xfiles stuff in a Google search.

If you are looking for alternative suggestions here is 5:

Defusing Humanity

Defusing Faith

Humanity Disarmed

Uncertainty Defused

Defuse My Uncertainty
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:10:57 AM by Ger » Logged
Ger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 30, 2016, 06:53:56 AM »

Hi FREAKNARF,

Grow Sid Pineball

If you wont freak out at constructive critisim here is some:

I tired your game. I like how you use the left and right mouse for the paddels. Using the gates of the cemetary is cool too.

I think your title is almost great. Pineball is defiantly a keeper. I was not going to try the game until I read your other comment. Perhaps post a 500px wide image instad as we can't see the current image you have without scrolling. Although your graphic above is cute it makes Pineball look like a spider. It's not clear those things are not connected to him. I personally don't like the title with Sid in. It conjures up images of an old man or Sid Meiers Civilization. I think you are on the right track with the name though. So here are some minor suggestion:

Grow PinEball (Remove Sid. Do something with the E, kind of like the Dell logo)
or
Grow Pineball Cemetery
or
Night of the Growing Pineball
or
Rise of the Pineball
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:11:22 AM by Ger » Logged
AdoreGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2819 on: April 12, 2016, 02:53:28 AM »

Ok. Challenge accepted!  Ninja

Here's the name of our upcoming iOS, Android game: Ninja Dude vs Zombies
The thread devoted to the game with additional info can be found here on TIGForums: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54812.0
Screenshot from the game:

A brave ninja is trapped on a tower surrounded by the hordes of bloody zombies. He has to survive this zombie invasion with a help of his thick-and-thin shurikens.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic