Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1042657 Posts in 42230 Topics- by 33854 Members - Latest Member: Roguluster

September 15, 2014, 11:22:32 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 133
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 308658 times)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »

This topic is slowly turning into part name rating and part plain naming. With that sentiment...

My concept is an adventure game taking place in Limbo. You've been denied entrance into heaven for the sin of suicide, but you don't remember anything about the event, or about yourself for that matter. Pretty soon you realize that not only did you not kill yourself, but neither did a large chunk of people in Limbo, whose lives are somehow all tied to yours. Your goal is to find proof that these people are innocent, help them restore their memories, and find out what kind of flawed Limbo lets these things happen.
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: December 22, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »

How about: "Limbo"
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 22, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

How about: "Limbo"
No, becausethis is the first thing anyone sees when they Google that name.
ACOM
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2223 on: December 22, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

Thank you everyone for the "Sugar Kid" contest. It seems that we are going to use ... another Smiley. But I like several of the names (Max, Unsweetened, Light, :D).

Thank you!
Gravity Games
Level 1

Jack of all trades.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2224 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

I'm considering starting an RPG game, but I'm not sure what I should title it. Here's the titles I'm considering so far. Also, yes. The main plot point is the main characters visiting another planet (for reasons I will not spoil in case I decide to start it...):

Chomp RPG: War Between Worlds
Chomp RPG: A Tale of Two Planets
Chomp RPG: Chomp's Vacation

When I make games, I don't take risks. Everything I put my heart into is a guaranteed success.
J-Snake
Level 10

a fool with a tool is still a fool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2225 on: December 26, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »

Chomp is an ugly name.

"TrapThem", what you think of that. I think it will burn into heads.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Super Metroid Tournament: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38039.0

TrapThem: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222597670
rek
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

But anyway, tell us more about the story, characters, and setting.

we are considering  this three options for the game story, which do you think it fits better?

1.- A bored office guy with a really nasty and tedious job who finds an  escape from his routine in a twisted world.

2.- An elite soldier  who tries to go out from a plague in an infected city due a failed experiment which he is part of this one.

3.- A world created from wastes of the known reality and a being that is in a quest to find the odd dimension-consciousness, partial architect of this world.

Why not... ALL THREE! *dun dun DUN*

Seriously start out by feeding the player the bored office guy story line, but as the game story is revealed introduce the second story as the true one and reframe the first as a dream/illusion, only for the third and true description to be uncovered at the end.

Sort of eXistenZ meets Re-Cycle.

I'm considering starting an RPG game, but I'm not sure what I should title it. Here's the titles I'm considering so far. Also, yes. The main plot point is the main characters visiting another planet (for reasons I will not spoil in case I decide to start it...):

Why would you put "RPG" in the title? I just don't understand the impulse some here have to put the genre or style (e.g. voxel, pixel, 8-bit, etc) in the title of the game.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2227 on: December 28, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

so this isn't a game, but I was thinking I needed to start a site for posting up the bizarre experiment games I make and also maybe a few rants. I was going to possible use my name, or something like Game Experiments, Game Lab. Something like that. Any comments?

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2228 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »

so this isn't a game, but I was thinking I needed to start a site for posting up the bizarre experiment games I make and also maybe a few rants. I was going to possible use my name, or something like Game Experiments, Game Lab. Something like that. Any comments?
Game Experiments/Lab sounds too generic, imo--I know of an organization or two that already use those names in some capacity. I think using your name is best if you're looking to make it a sort of personal blog.

-----------------

But hey I'VE GOT NAMIN' PROBLEMS TOO.
I did a blog post at length bout it here: http://dumbandfat.com/title-needed-for-pollushot-sequel/
Basically I'm making a game sequel and am looking for a new name. It's a touch screen game, a sort of shmup where you control a slingshot. Pull-aim-release to launch ammo, break enemies into little bits, catch the bits and use them for your next shot. The original game was called Pollushot. I want something better for this. Whoever names the game goes in the credits.

Any ideas?

Gravity Games
Level 1

Jack of all trades.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2229 on: December 28, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »

Chomp is an ugly name.

"TrapThem", what you think of that. I think it will burn into heads.

Eh, Chomp is the name of the game's main character, which I made up a while ago, so I'm already attached to the name. TrapThem doesn't really sound like a character name though.

Why would you put "RPG" in the title? I just don't understand the impulse some here have to put the genre or style (e.g. voxel, pixel, 8-bit, etc) in the title of the game.

Well, I personally thought it sounded better than the other names, Chomp Saga and Chomp's Adventure. Do you have a better suggestion for the name (because I would love to hear it!)?

When I make games, I don't take risks. Everything I put my heart into is a guaranteed success.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2230 on: December 28, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »

"TrapThem" is the name to evaluate for my upcoming game.
(you gave me a good laugh for mistaking that,btw)

There is a guy on youtube called "ChampChong" with nearly 300.000 subscribers, so name isn't the problem. Chomp is not far away, as for relief.

I think with "chomp's adventure" you cannot go wrong.

I would totally avoid all these combos:

As a rule of thumb, a serious rpg doesn't label itself.

p.s. I personally think just solely "A Tale of Two Planets" is interesting. It evokes some expectations in me. "War between worlds" would be my least favorite. You hear that "generic" stuff all the time.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:15:47 PM by J-Snake » Logged

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Gravity Games
Level 1

Jack of all trades.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2231 on: December 28, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

"TrapThem" is the name to evaluate for my upcoming game.
(you gave me a good laugh for mistaking that,btw)

There is a guy on youtube called "ChampChong" with nearly 300.000 subscribers, so name isn't the problem. Chomp is not far away, as for relief.

I think with "chomp's adventure" you cannot go wrong.

I would totally avoid all these combos:

As a rule of thumb, a serious rpg doesn't label itself.

Lol, okay, and thanks for the criticism. It depends, for a sort of minigame as a part of a larger game or a game jam thing, it would work well, but I don't see "TrapThem" as being the name of a longer game. Also, if you really think "Chomp's Adventure" would be a better name, I'll consider changing it, its just that when I hear "Adventure" in a game's title, I usually think this. Also, if you don't like any of the above subtitles for the game, do you mind suggesting a better one?

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2232 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

Agree that "Tale of Two Planets" is the best option named thus far for your RPG. "TrapThem" Sounds good to me, too, maybe. It might seem even more interesting to give it some space, like, "Trap Them!"

BUT HEY uh you guys should still be thinkin about me

I did a blog post at length bout it here: http://dumbandfat.com/title-needed-for-pollushot-sequel/
Basically I'm making a game sequel and am looking for a new name. It's a touch screen game, a sort of shmup where you control a slingshot. Pull-aim-release to launch ammo, break enemies into little bits, catch the bits and use them for your next shot. The original game was called Pollushot. I want something better for this. Whoever names the game goes in the credits.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:37:28 PM by Banov. » Logged

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2233 on: December 28, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

Also, if you don't like any of the above subtitles for the game, do you mind suggesting a better one?
I added p.s. in my last post, mentioning that just solely "A Tale of Two Planets" sounds interesting to me, may be because I don't hear it too often.

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2234 on: December 28, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »

Hello there, this is an action platform game in a twisted version of our modern world: Irrational buildings, horse-head man and traffic-light-cockroaches firing bullets.

The names we were considering are:
- Urbos ex pest
- Sorrow of the demon
- Akranios
- Anatopia
- Coba

Your main character has a really strong design, is the beak mask inspired by plague doctor's masks? As for your titles...

- Urbos ex pest (This one pops out the most for me. Does it mean anything?)
- Sorrow of the demon (This seems to fit the aesthetic of your game. It's not bad but it's not great either)
-Akranios and Anatopia (I really don't like either of these titles. They're both really forgettable.)
- Coba (this feels tribal, is that a good description for your game?)

Free associating off of what you've got presented, here are some alliterating names.
_______

Maijin Melancholy

Demonic Depression

Oni's Onus

Warbled World

Opium Onset

Kooky Cool's Quacky Cataclysm
pankee
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2235 on: January 03, 2013, 06:31:58 AM »

Anyone got any idea about the game I talked about a month ago?

It's a mix of Metroidvania/Roguelike. It's in 2D, and it takes place in a not-so-serious environment, in which the players will have to fight some weird monsters and badass bosses.
Yeah.

Anyway, the game we currently have is "Castloid".
We figured it's not bad, but I think some people on the Internet (Damn you, random people of the Internet) call the Metroidvania kind of games "Castloid" as well.
What do you guys think? (Oh, and if you look on Google, you'll probably stumble upon a "Project Castloid", that's us.)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2236 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »

Maijin Melancholy

Demonic Depression

Oni's Onus

Warbled World

Opium Onset

Kooky Cool's Quacky Cataclysm

Oni's Onus Well, hello there!

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

jaredsgems@aol.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2237 on: January 03, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

A disaster has occurred on the cursed remote island where your laboratory is located, and synthetic lifeforms and artificial intelligence are running rampant under the influence of a supernatural power. You play as Vera, a determined biochemist armed with an arsenal of property-altering pills and potions. It is your job to contain the outbreak and vanquish the island's evil indigenous spirits.

Possible names?
-Slime Lab (working title)
-Vial Curse
-Vial Island
-Vera Evil

rek
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

Anyone got any idea about the game I talked about a month ago?

It's a mix of Metroidvania/Roguelike. It's in 2D, and it takes place in a not-so-serious environment, in which the players will have to fight some weird monsters and badass bosses.
Yeah.

Genericoid
Videogametron
Explore-&-Fight

(Seriously, you've given us nothing to work with but the genre.)

A disaster has occurred on the cursed remote island where your laboratory is located, and synthetic lifeforms and artificial intelligence are running rampant under the influence of a supernatural power. You play as Vera, a determined biochemist armed with an arsenal of property-altering pills and potions. It is your job to contain the outbreak and vanquish the island's evil indigenous spirits.

The Vile Land of Doctor Moreau

Well, hello there!
Chairmaster
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2239 on: January 03, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

How about rating company game names ?

I was thinking of wrideo games?

How would you rate that?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 133
Print
Jump to: