Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:14:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBlinkout - New Flash Game Released
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blinkout - New Flash Game Released  (Read 4522 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »

PLACES TO PLAY:

Play Blinkout on King.com (Game Sponsor)
Play Blinkout on Newgrounds
Play Blinkout on Kongregate (with Achievements)

DESCRIPTION:
How good is your visual memory under pressure? You'll have to use both your agility and good resource strategy to navigate your spaceship through an increasingly hostile dimension. How far can you get?

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Move ship with ARROWS
  • Illuminate levels with the SPACEBAR (costs energy)
  • Find the key and go to the gate
  • Regain energy by picking up charges
  • There are 8 levels that will repeat for 6 rounds. The charges are persistent across all rounds, so don't use all of them the first time around...

MORE INFO:

I hope you'll find Blinkout to be a fairly original game. The game is designed to challenge the player on quite a few levels and we believe that if players spend a little time with it they will find an interesting experience as the game mechanics change over the 6 rounds of 8 repeating level mazes.

The player will have to use their visual memory as most of the game is played in complete darkness. Illumination of the levels comes through collecting energy charges along the way. The catch is that these charges are persistent across all the rounds so a charge collected earlier will no longer be available when encountered again. Charges picked up later are worth more energy so the player will be able to manage their resources accordingly to make it to the harder rounds. In these later rounds the player is faced with greater energy costs for hitting a maze wall as well as greater costs for illuminating the level. The level time limit reduces and the movement speed increases. We realize this game is quite challenging and will likely intimidate at first as using visual memory, keyboard agility, and resource management together may prove to be a new experience for many players.

I worked on Blinkout with my good friend and fellow game designer Jeremy P. Bushnell. It marks my first collaboration and the experience was quite enjoyable. Jeremy took lead on the art direction and level design for the game while I took lead on the programming side of things. We worked equally on the game design and iterations of all the facets through kicking ideas and changes back and forth.  We were also very happy to get the game sponsored by King.com and they have been great to work with.

We would also like to thank the forum members here for the valuable feedback you provided to help improve this game.  We received a great deal of useful advice and for that we give you our appreciation!

We hope you enjoy the game!

Dave Evans
Hybrid Mind Studios

lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »

Nice game. I'm terrible at it but its still nice.

Also: King.com needs to get rid of that terrible dragon. Their logo isn't to bad but that dragon is terrible.

My games on  GameJolt.com

Nandrew
Level 0

Working on Cadence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »

Glad to finally see this out, let us know how this one goes. Wink
Dr Lecter
Level 0

Tally ho by jove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:24 AM »