Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:03:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoNaturist Vocabulary College [FINISHED] [AWFUL] [SFW]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Naturist Vocabulary College [FINISHED] [AWFUL] [SFW]  (Read 7444 times)
SteGriff
Level 0

SƟ3:UK

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »

Naturist Vocabulary College!

You are a boy in the aforementioned institution! Explore corridors based on which words written above the doors take your fancy. Eventually, you will encouter a gorgeous naturist teacher who will tell you all about your final word selection!

Features:
* 9 words!
* Sexy ASCII!
* Little else!

Download:
http://www.stegriff.co.uk/labs/NVC%20-%20SteGriff.exe

First Post:
Late entry. Text based. Rough idea:

You are presented with some words. You choose the one you find the most 'pleasing' based on whatever logic you choose to apply to that judgement.
You continue this process for a short while until the program refines what you admire in a word. You are presented with it's definition and more information about that word in a climax to the game.

Should fulfull both of the dual criteria. May or may not be NSFW.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:35:03 AM by SteGriff » Logged

I wanna make robots.
SkyBox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »

Interesting idea, although Clitoris was misspelled and made me giggle. What did you use to make this?
SteGriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:45:44 AM »

Facepalm Oops. I fixed and re-uploaded.
In answer to your second point, I used Dev-C++ with Conio.h library for getch() to get keypresses for movement.

Thanks for downloading Smiley

I wanna make robots.
increpare
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 04:52:44 AM »

yeah cute; have you thought about having the player start in the middle, or move directly between words, or?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 06:07:11 AM »

I like the simple ASCII art, and the word choices were funny.  I didn't fully understand - how exactly does each word change depending on which corridor you choose?  It seemed pretty random to me, and I spent awhile trying to find a pattern.

SteGriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:14:37 AM »

I like the simple ASCII art, and the word choices were funny.  I didn't fully understand - how exactly does each word change depending on which corridor you choose?  It seemed pretty random to me, and I spent awhile trying to find a pattern.

It is a little random. Only your first door really makes a difference: Z (Pointy), C (Round) and H (square). The next two doors only affect the numbers seen at the end. The words seen in the middle sections are mixes of the door you chose at the start and the option they represent (ie ZODA = 2 pointy letters (ZA) and 2 round letters (OD)).
So essentially, the words you see at the end depend on which door you start from.

I wanna make robots.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »

Okay, I see.  Categorizing letters based on their general shapes - that's pretty cool.

SteGriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:25:01 AM »

Okay, I see.  Categorizing letters based on their general shapes - that's pretty cool.

I thought so. It's something I want to do more with. Originally, I wanted the game to generate an ascii woman at the end who fit the player's aesthetic ideal, but that was unacheivable for me in the time I gave myself (2 days).

However, I would like to do a not-adult version of this where the words are procedurally generated.

I wanna make robots.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic