Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:39:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudio48 hours to score a game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 48 hours to score a game  (Read 2048 times)
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »

Okay, so I'm interested in partnering with someone here to help produce some music and sound effects in the RPGDX 48-Hour Summer Competition. This year's theme is side-scrolling RPGs, and I've decided to go full-on puzzle-platformer-RPG with mine. I've got the game engine ready to go, I've got the concepts all planned out, I've even got art assets I've prepared in advance of the competition (all of which is allowed under the competition rules, by the way).

The game is called Ham Sandwich RPG: The Adventures of Ham Hamilton. I don't want to give away too much, but you play a ham sandwich. It's going to be sort of cheeky and silly and fun, and I'd like to partner with someone who can produce music to fit the mood. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Smiley

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »

A few more specific points about what I'm looking for, music-wise: some very video game-y tracks with strong melodies. Not necessarily chiptunes (i.e. it can use realistic, high quality instruments), but it should ideally be something you could imagine playing a side-scrolling adventure game to on the SNES. Smiley

As far as format, the game itself is being made in Flash, so all music should be a wav or high quality mp3, and should loop. You'll be listed as a co-creator of the game and credited with the music if I pick you to be my partner. Okay, that's all!

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »

I'm quite tempted to offer my services for this! Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether I'm going to be available this weekend yet; A friend mentioned the possibility of meeting up, but I'm basically just waiting for him to get in touch and let me know what, if anything, is happening. So, I don't want to commit to something if I'm not going to be at home. However, I'll check back on Friday if I'm free, to see if you still need the help.

Out of interest, how many tracks would you need? A title theme, I assume, and one ingame theme? Or are you likely to have different areas, requiring different music?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »

Is this for -this- weekend? Hmm, I might be busy. Sad

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »

Yeah, it's this weekend. I think I'll have need of a title theme, an "outside" theme, a dungeon theme, and maybe a boss theme (that might be getting overly optimistic, though). We'll have to see how it goes. Definitely the first three, though I could probably make do with just one in-game theme, and have silence in the areas where it doesn't fit.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »

Okay guys, thanks to those who responded! You're a very talented bunch. I've made my selection, however, so feel free to lock the thread. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic