Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:24:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA platformer called PixelSwitch
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A platformer called PixelSwitch  (Read 2133 times)
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »

Hey TIGsource people. I recently made a short platformer over the course of about 2 days, plus 1 for making some minor fixes.

Anyways, this game is about a little purple guy who can't jump. Instead, he/she can switch the gravity 180 degrees at any time by pressing X. It's kinda generic, the whole switching gravity thing in platformers, but I'm hoping that this game can, and does, do it a little differently...

I'm looking for any feedback on the game I can get. Is the platform engine smooth enough, do the levels work, is the difficulty curve good, should I add more harder/easier levels, etc?

The game is basically complete as it is (working menu, 12 levels, no bugs that I'm aware of), but if you think there's anything I should change/add, I'd love to know.

I suppose that if my amazing description has made you want to play, I should give you a download link..
http://www.drazzke.com/game6/PixelSwitch%201_1.zip

If you need more screenshots/older version download links, you can find them at my site: http://www.drazzke.com (no idea why you'd want to play older versions though..)

I'm thinking that if I have time, I may remake this game in Flash... Maybe.

Cheers,
Drazzke.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:57:06 PM »

http://distractionware.com/blog/?cat=51  Cool

Hmm. Was you inspired or was this a weird coincidence?

I'm playing your game so far, and it feels a lot like VVVVVV (from what I've seen of it at least). I'll post back when I complete it.

there's a bug that happens when you die multiple times in a row while holding right or left. The character will be stuck into thinking he's going right without any interaction from me. Resulting in many deaths. I'm sure a playthrough a few times you could probably see what I'm talking about.

Room 10 is incredibly too hard, compared to how easy room 11 and 12 is, room 10 should probably be last imo.

221 deaths, I closed it before I got the time but I think it was 12-15 minutes. It was very fun though. Too short, level variety could be better. I hate room 10. Remove room 10. I almost broke my keyboard doing room 10.  Mock Anger
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:09:20 PM by allen » Logged
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »

Pretty cool, although the colours seemed a little too dull. Maybe add an option to change them?'

Oh, and I hate room 10 too.  Big Laff

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll change room 10 around.

I've never heard of that V game. Just a coincidence.

I'll also fix the movement bug. It was a little feature I was trying to add in just recently, and I hadn't tested it (much) since I added that.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic