Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:11:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTime Fcuk!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Time Fcuk!  (Read 23386 times)
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

Just put up a new game called Time Fcuk.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/511754

We just got the database working on newgrounds so we have been running into a few small bugs but the current version should be stable enough by now. (though tell me if you run into anything weird)

hope you guys like it Smiley
-Edmund

those of you who want to read my confusing but relivent press release can do so

down here V

-------------

Time Cfuk is a game about stasis, its a game about perspective and viewing both sides of the story from afar, its a game about blocks, platforms, drinking, high school reunions and work time fun.

Time Fcku is a "puzzle platformer" about finding logic in irrelevance, its a 1+1=2 formula that will ask more from you after you leave it alone, its a community experience about communication with people who you dont like.

Time KcuF is not an art game, its an allegorical game about stuff you've never experienced, its an escape from your current existence, its the feeling of loss and panic.

Time Fcuk is a play on how if one changes around the letters in a word even though it means nothing logically, we all still see it as something that its not.

Time Fkuc can be played on newgrounds.com, or by clicking this link.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/511754

Those worried by the thought of clicking their mouse button more then twice can view a video trailer for the game here:

------------------

Time Fukc was independently created by Edmund McMillen (Super Meat Boy, Spewer and Coil) and William Good, with music by Justin Karpel for the Power of 3 festival (http://www.newgrounds.com/powerofthree2009/) on newgrounds.com. A portion of the procedes will be donated to Child's Play, a charity that brings toys and games to terminally ill children in North America.

For more information on the creators visit:

Edmund (art/design) = http://www.edmundm.com
William (programming/design) = http://www.willinthecold.com/
Justin (music) = Justinkarpel.com
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »

I played it as soon as indiegames.com posted about it Smiley I was really enjoying it until a few levels in, I got attacked with a blank white screen of doom. Has this bug occurred for anybody else?

EDIT: Ah!

I encountered this problem earlier, and Edmund mentions that a new build is being uploaded as we speak (the error is caused by those stupid Newgrounds achievements).

Cool Smiley so that was one of the bugs you were talking about. I'll boot it up again in a sec here!  Grin
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

yeah thats all fixed now Smiley
ElijahKatz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »

Dude...
I've made like 2 levels...
But they don't play back on the database Tiger

Keep doing what you do...
NEVER GIVE UP!
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:02:55 PM »

Anyone hopelessly stuck with "The Cage"? I totally called the story from the video. Excellent work!
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »

Nvm, I got it, I'm an idiot. "Ruiner" was fun.
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »

Dude...
I've made like 2 levels...
But they don't play back on the database Tiger

Keep doing what you do...
NEVER GIVE UP!

they are there.. just look them up by number
deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »

oh man, I just saw it on the Indie Games Blog. I'm so tired I don't want to ruin the experience. Aether is one of my absolute favorite Flash games, as is Meat Boy but I have trouble deciding if I like that one btter or the Jumper series more. Depends on me mood.. I'm excited for Super Meat Boy though.

Forget sleep (even though I have to wake up at 8am and it's 2am and I'm addicted already*), I'm going to go play it now.  Hand Joystick

(edit(s) due to sleepiness: when is it going to be on Kongregate? Have you considered an offline (exe) version? someone offline exe Flash games run better on my computer, is why I ask. But, this game runs fine, better than Meat Boy.)

*yes I'm still on the beginning stages but man, this is one king-hell of a game. I look forward to more work from you  Beer! no matter if they are on a console or Flash, or any other development platform..

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:04:45 PM by allen » Logged
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »

I'm still getting the white screen of doom, after the level with the gravity switching?

Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:14:12 PM »

I'm still getting the white screen of doom, after the level with the gravity switching?

do yo get it when you refresh and play the level again?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 11:29:01 PM »

I'm getting the same white screen bug, and yes it happens even if I reload the level after refreshing.

Other than that it's quite a ride.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

I'm stuck Sad

I wanted to see if I could make it though before I had to go, I couldn't.

Very neat game Edmund.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
tim_the_tam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:59 PM »

hey edmund im getting that white screen bug too.

ChevyRay
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »

Don't you hate it when you release a game and this happens? :D What an anti-climax.

I'll still play through the beginning again, though, after it's fixed. It was pretty awesome from what I got to play.
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »

Don't you hate it when you release a game and this happens? :D What an anti-climax.

I'll still play through the beginning again, though, after it's fixed. It was pretty awesome from what I got to play.

ok the white screen bug should be fixed by tomorrow morning... if yu have an NG account it doesnt happen... but till then theres not much i can do Sad
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:50 AM »

Playing it again and...it seems like the levels are different  Who, Me?

K word this is hard!

Finally done! Ah! Very good, the ending was kinda scary but cool (I got the good end...dunno if the bad end is different)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:34:08 AM by mark » Logged

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 03:41:39 AM »

Yeah, this is awesome. My level is 579 :D I wanted to say "mind your head". Any plans to allow short user campaigns?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 03:46:22 AM »

I got around 3 hours of sleep last night. Now I have to go to work at around 9am. Just have to do a few more levels before I leave....

if I fall asleep on the job and get fired I'm going to hold you accountable Cool
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »

Cry

It's really good.

You're really good.

Is it okay that I find myself disturbed by this game for no tangible reason?
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 06:02:55 AM »

well I didn't get any 'medal get' pop up with the revise making the ending confusing but I guess pill = bad ending 1, portal = bad ending 2, causing a time paradox that leads to you stuck in a time loop =  bad ending 3 that and beating the game seem to give you that no restart or go back to main if you hit skip after the guy finish his little morbid story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic