Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:17:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDadaists Gone Wild 7: Super PumpNik
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dadaists Gone Wild 7: Super PumpNik  (Read 1805 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »

Dadaists Gone Wild 7:  Super PumpNik is a very short Sidescroller (spelled with a capital “S”) with a Dadaist (spelled with a capital “Q”) twist.

“What is this!?” You may be asking yourself, “wasn’t only the first Dadaists Gone Wild released and isn’t the second still in development?  Why is there a seventh?”

Yes.  Why is there a seventh?  Is it a gift from the future, or some sort of pseudo demo for Dadaists 2.  Only time (spelled with a capital “grapefruit”) will tell.

In the game, you play as a beatnik with a pumpkin for a head. Will you make it to the other side of the level?

You can find it here.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »

Oh man. What a tease. I know you said short but I didn't believe it would be that short. It's so depressingly so. Do you plan on making other pseudo-demos or teasers?

But at least it makes me excited for DGW 2, which is a good thing of course.

Nice reference, of course  Gentleman

I plan on pledging Wednesday of next week. It's a bummer you don't have that much longer for pledges. Good luck! Even if it doesn't go through, you still plan on finishing the game right?

(sorry for deraling the thread-i guess)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

Yeah, there are going to be more pseudo demos.  There'll probably be a meatier pseudo-demo around IGF submission time, as well as a real demo for anyone who pledges at least $5 on kickstarter (and if the goal is met), and also a trailer which should reveal some secrets if examined closely.

Yeah, I'll still finish the game even if the Kickstarter thing doesn't work out, but it would be nice not to have to take a loss on this game during development, plus it seems like a good way to do pre-orders.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:21:44 AM »

i've never sold anything on the internet but i assume there would be fees and surcharges, etc if you used a service such as plimus or bmtmicro-so i can see how kickstarter would help on preorders and sales in general.

maybe see if fellow indies would put out a twitter mention with a link to your kickstarter page? i saw one put out by a few regarding some game (i think it was lightraft by aeiowu)
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »

Thanks, Alec!  This is a nice little game --- playing this was two minutes well spent.   Smiley

I'm looking forward to DGW2.  BTW, it was nice jammin' with you last week... are you planning on continuing the sonar/heatvision game you guys made?

---Sebastian

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I'll probably start doing some work on it once I get the IGF demo for DGW2 finished.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic