Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:23:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsText the HallsCapture Santa!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Capture Santa!  (Read 17648 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:07:34 PM »

This time, it won't happen again. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and for the past three years, that fat guy has broken into your house during the night of Christmas Eve. He's always managed to get inside no matter what precautions you've taken, and due to last year's occurrences, you believe he might actually be coming in through the chimney. Well, he isn't going to make it back out this year, if you have anything to say about it.

I think the title pretty much says it all..  Tongue
Capture Santa! has been completed! See the post below this one for details. The game file is attached to this post and to the post below, the link thingy is right on the bottom.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 08:31:07 PM by Blademasterbobo » Logged

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:51:45 AM »

Bathrooms
This bathroom must be the most putrid thing you've ever smelled. There are some urinals along one wall, some sinks along the other, a funky looking hand dryer near the door leading out, and some stalls near the back. To the east is the Main Hall. You might want to find the source of this odor and tell Matt about it. Or, you could just continue to try to find a suitable excuse for leaving.

>piss
That's not a verb I recognise.

Angry
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:57:02 AM by Akhel » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:01:17 PM »

This post has an updated version, special for Akhel.

Capture Santa! contains:
  • Over two ways to die!
    Four alternate endings!
    Dead bodies!
    Dry humor!

If you need help muddling through my IF, or if you encounter any problems/bugs, please contact me by PMing me. Or, you can message me in the TIGirc chatroom, I'm usually in there.

Have fun, and Merry Christmas!

Some z file interpreters: (For running the IF)
http://freespace.virgin.net/davidk.kinder/frotz.html (Windows Frotz)
http://www.logicalshift.demon.co.uk/mac/zoom.html (Zoom for Mac OS)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

Now that I've had time to play this, I can give you proper feedback. I've seen all three (...four?) endings, found the secret room and two ways to die.

There are some unpolished parts - try moving the bookcase, for example (nothing happens, the game doesn't report anything). That's probably caused by an "after..." event without "continue the action" or an "instead of... while.../if..." event without an else case. Also, setting some traps in alternative places don't work (the net in the table, for example), and I had a hard time trying to light the fireplace (I tried "use/light/put on fire/use lighter on/... fireplace") until I actually examined it (heh).

However, it turned out to be a really fun game! Feels a little like those "escape the room" ones that were popular a couple of years ago. I'd sure like to see an expanded, more polished version. Good work!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic