Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:17:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Rogue
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69
Print
Author Topic: Red Rogue  (Read 237874 times)
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1320 on: December 04, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »

Congrats on finishing, it's been a pleasure being involved :D

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: December 04, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »

So happy to see this released! Had incredible fun on my first run. Ate an unidentified rune as a panic move. Polymorph! Chuckled for a good five minutes after my corpse was strewn across the dungeon.

Congratulations!

Games By ANGELINA - Games designed by artificial intelligence!
Cut Garnet Games - Games designed by me!
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 04, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

Crack open the source code for the first time and, I should have edited some of this sooner. now I wonder if It's possible to add dungeons that can be only accessible through using the portal rune in the right area like say eating a portal rune in front of the RNG idol will open a gateway to the Rand God home?
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »

Beer!

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you this weekend about the linux build; my internet went down and I wasn't able to download it to try it out.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »

Tears of Joy It's been an adventure.

st33d
« Reply #1325 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »

Crack open the source code for the first time and, I should have edited some of this sooner. now I wonder if It's possible to add dungeons that can be only accessible through using the portal rune in the right area like say eating a portal rune in front of the RNG idol will open a gateway to the Rand God home?

You need to add an AREA type of Map. The best thing to do would be to look at the Underworld creation code, copy it, so you basically end up in a duplicate Underworld. Then you can start to change it. You'd have to run a search through the code, find any reference to Underworld and then make a note of what you'll need to do to keep the area stable.
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 05, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »

Great to see this finished!

Congratulations St33d.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:31 AM »

deserves a frontpage post imo, on the grounds of being both one of our longest-running finished devlogs and a freaking cool game.

Beer!
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 05, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »

You need to add an AREA type of Map. The best thing to do would be to look at the Underworld creation code, copy it, so you basically end up in a duplicate Underworld. Then you can start to change it. You'd have to run a search through the code, find any reference to Underworld and then make a note of what you'll need to do to keep the area stable.
sweet oh while we are on this subject I was wondering how to get access to the SWC files so I can add additional art for the game? I seen that I can edit the backgrounds but I can't really seem to get into the character art. first step: gentletwins, Second step: work on hidden dungeon, Third step: make Fez requirement for unlocking playable/Companion Death.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:22:56 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
st33d
« Reply #1329 on: December 05, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »

I'm not too busy tonight so I'll work on building a pack of assets.

You'll need Flash CS4 minimum to crack into the assets swc fla and the sprite sheet is a photoshop file.

As for the library of sounds, that's really up to Nate if he wants to share out the mp3s. They're all in the Flash file but you can't export out, only add to them.
Hythlodaeus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »

Game's looking might nice mate. And this comes from a Nethack player. Cheers for releasing the source as GPL.
flotson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 05, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »

Love the game!

Just one thing. Is the Overworld supposed to be persistent? Mine is. It continues to have an open chest from a previous game and a portal from a different previous game. . .
st33d
« Reply #1332 on: December 05, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

Yes, it's almost like a clue...

(try leaving an identified rune on the floor)
st33d
« Reply #1333 on: December 06, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »

Graphics assets are now on Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/redrogue/files/
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 06, 2012, 02:31:32 AM »

Wow I feel sorry for the person who got the Over and Over, again and again and sat through to the final line.
Though that made me wonder what's stopping Rogue from cramming loads of undead runes at the end then continuing onward? She would by that note live forever as a walking skeleton.
or just stash loads of ploy morph runes then enchant one item until she hit yendor then keep that copy of yendor in the overworld. Also I didn't know you made Snow Drift. Hand Clap
Hythlodaeus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:57 AM »

Graphics assets are now on Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/redrogue/files/

Under which license?
flotson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 07, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »

Yes, it's almost like a clue...

(try leaving an identified rune on the floor)

Cool, I see what you did there. . .

Really enjoying the game. A couple more questions.

1. On the standalone version, pressing the letter T has an. . . interesting effect. Is this intentional?
2. What effect does a rune of heal have on a weapon. Conversely, what does a rune of bleed do on an armor, if anything?

Thanks again!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 07, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »

Just look closely - there are visual cues in this game giving you feedback (like the health bar of the creature you are attacking).
Kepa
« Reply #1338 on: December 07, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

I beat the game in a hilarious and easy fashion by killing the Balrog on level 11. I noticed that you could hit him every so often if he was running, so next time I brought a decapitated head with me. Kicking Umber Hulk severed head right into Balrog's face as he tried to run past.

BALROG KILLED BY SOCCER! GOOOOAAAAAAALLL!  Hand Shake Right Hand Shake Right Hand Shake Right Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Left
jethrolarson
Level 0

@jethrolarson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: December 07, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »

It's good fun, I've been playing the last 3 hours and it's pretty compelling. Great job!  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic