Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:36:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNew Knytt Online video!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New Knytt Online video!  (Read 8023 times)
Andrew Noel
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »

G'day tigers,

After about a year of developement, Knytt Online is almost ready for an open Beta! To celebrate this coming event I have prepared a second video! I hope you enjoy it!

By the way, you can probably tell that there are still some bugs in the game that need fixing. Well I'm fixing them now so don't panic!  Smiley

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »

It's nice to know this is still happening.  I was starting to wonder there....

Although I never do get around to checking the Nifflas' boards.  Roll Eyes

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
ElijahKatz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »

looking good. Maybe it was just in that preview but...
Can you chat with other people?

It would be great if there was no talking...
Maybe it's just me but I think talking would ruin the vibe that knytt employs...
Andrew Noel
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:48:35 PM »

You can but you don't have to chat if you don't want to.
rrrowdy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:33 PM »

pretty thrilled! just psyched for any new knytt stuff to be honest!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:36 AM »

I can only see it being interesting if chat was disabled and people had to cooperate their way through levels. This would create a great dynamic between two players forced to cooperate but not being able to communicate. Otherwise, I don't see the point in just roaming around old levels with a companion.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:31 AM »

Oh wow, I was not expecting that.
This is a great idea! It'll be great to share the exploration experience with friends.

Scattergories
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »

Looks great.
Is there any plans for support to Mac?
Andrew Noel
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »

I'm not sure about Mac yet. The software I'm using to create this mod (Multimedia Fusion 2) has not yet a Mac support system, I'm sorry to say. I'm glad you enjoy it!
slimehunter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 02:59:21 PM »

Cool! Any plans to add any new features (like player-made buildings/towns) or are you a Knytt universe purist?

The reason I ask is because when I think about the environmental aspect of Knytt, it reminds of just a tad of the new LOVE mmo thing.

ACTION-52-05DE4DA9
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

Wow; looking great!  Grin

Best of luck fixing the remaining bugs!  Beer!
LazyWaffle
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »

Looks pretty rad.

Maybe there could be two servers, a talking and non-talking server so people could do whatever they prefer.
PaleFox
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »

I'm not sure about Mac yet. The software I'm using to create this mod (Multimedia Fusion 2) has not yet a Mac support system, I'm sorry to say. I'm glad you enjoy it!

MMF2 is known to work passably in Wine.

Good luck with your program.
Andrew Noel
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »

Cool! Any plans to add any new features (like player-made buildings/towns) or are you a Knytt universe purist?

The reason I ask is because when I think about the environmental aspect of Knytt, it reminds of just a tad of the new LOVE mmo thing.

I'm not sure about the buildings, but Knytt Online will include an automatic update system and even after releasing it I will definately be adding extra features and events!

Also, I understand what you guys mean about the chat ruining the game. Perhaps the chat can only be enabled only in the starting map of the level? I dunno, I need some ideas. And by the way, today I just fixed about 2 of the major bugs and I finished adding all the power-ups!  Grin
The beta is getting closer to it's release so watch out for that!
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »

I think chat would be great? Why remove it?

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »

I'm not sure about the buildings, but Knytt Online will include an automatic update system and even after releasing it I will definately be adding extra features and events!

Also, I understand what you guys mean about the chat ruining the game. Perhaps the chat can only be enabled only in the starting map of the level? I dunno, I need some ideas. And by the way, today I just fixed about 2 of the major bugs and I finished adding all the power-ups!  Grin
The beta is getting closer to it's release so watch out for that!
Chat sounds nice to me.  I'm assuming this is already set up, but you can use IPs or something to play with certain other people, right?
Andrew Noel
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:59 AM »

I'm not so sure about the Ip's as well, I'm just thinking of using 1 server for the whole game.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »

I guess what I meant was more that I could chose to play with a specific person; eg. friends in different cities.  It would be great to be able to explore with them, maybe have skype open at the same time or something.  Wink

"Ambient" multiplayer is something I find quite interesting, so I'd be quite curious whether this would fall into that.  Like hiking with friends or something.  Smiley
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »

WTF I thought this was dead. Forever. Not even necromancy could bring it back. Good to see it happening. BTW do you need to sign up for the Alpha?

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »

The lag compensation looks pretty bad.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic