Assemblee is a two-part game-making competition! Each part has its own rules.
1. In the first part, artists and musicians will have a month to create as many art and music assets as they wish. These assets will be voted on at the end of the month based on the quantity, quality, and variety of the assets provided.
2. In the second part, designers and programmers will have a month to take the assets created in part one and make games with them (assets used need not be limited to one person or team). The programmers cannot make any changes to the assets unless it's done during runtime. The best game will be voted on in the normal fashion.
3. Finally, the teams that created games for the second part will each vote on which artists and musicians they felt were the most useful in making their game.
4. The art and music that was created for the competition will be released to the public under certain provisions (non-commercial, credit given, etc.).
PART ONE: ART AND MUSIC COMPOThis is the first part of the competition, so we're looking for artists and musicians (toot toot!). Your job is to create awesome artwork and audio that programmers and designers will get to use in the second part.Start Date:
Sunday, November 29 (Around Midnight)
Part Two (Programming and Design) will begin shortly after (TBA).Rules for Part One (Art and Music):
- Assets should be started and ended within the time frame of the competition to be considered for judging (but it's OKAY if you start thinking/prototyping a bit earlier).
- Assets must be made for the competition only.
- To enter the competition, start a thread for yourself here
. Each person (or team) is allowed only one thread. Post all final assets in the first post of the thread. If possible, post every individual asset, even if you are making a single zip available! This will make it easier for people to evaluate your work.
- Please break up your artwork into the relevant pieces. Do not just post mockups!
- You may submit as many assets as you wish, and of any type or mixture of types (art or music). In fact, THE MORE, AND THE MORE DIVERSE, THE BETTER!
- Onlookers are allowed to make suggestions and comment on the assets, but if you plan on participating in the part two, you cannot share your game ideas in detail with the artists and musicians.
- A list of asset types and formats will be provided. Be creative! And make a lot of stuff! You never know how your assets will be used in part two!
- YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN BOTH PARTS, IF YOU WISH.
- One final thing: Jeff Lindsay fuckin' loves you!
Okay, let's do it!