Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:28:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1VP Music Tracks
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VP Music Tracks  (Read 4861 times)
smgorden
Level 0

Gentleman Programmer

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »

Seth Gorden, here. New to the TIG Forums, but I'm an avid reader of TIGSource. This community project is a great way to get involved and put something out into the world. Most of the projects I've worked on in the last year are long term, so it'll be nice to do something short and sweet.

First Submission
I just put together a short, high energy track today. I may do others, but here is today's effort. The track is approximately two and half minutes, and it has been lovingly crafted for looping. Enjoy in three two formats! (Ogg format file won't upload properly. Request this specifically if you desire it. Something can be arranged.)

High Energy - MP3 Format

High Energy - WMA Format

Second Submission
Bit by the music bug again, my second effort is revealed tonight. It's a little more subdued than the first one. Personally, it reminds me of walking around in Dragon Warrior 1 on the world map. Ended up using some so-called "ethnic" instrumentation on this one. Didn't plan on that, but it adds a nice flavor in the mix. Hope you enjoy!

Steady Stroll - MP3 Format

Steady Stroll- WMA Format

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:05:43 PM by smgorden » Logged

Makin' games.
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »

Nice!

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:02:50 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

Ogg file doesn't work though.

smgorden
Level 0

Gentleman Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »

I will look into the Ogg file thing, and see if that can be resolved. If anyone plans on using that format specifically... be sure to let me know, as that will probably motivate me to resolve it sooner.

Makin' games.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »

Really awesome music! reminds me of a castle level of some sort.
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:59:09 AM »

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The link was a 404 error; I'm sure the file itself is fine, it just wasn't uploaded.

smgorden
Level 0

Gentleman Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:39 PM »

Alright... double checked the OGG file situation. The file will NOT upload properly. Can't figure out why tonight. That will have to be a special request format only. But hopefully MP3 and WMA will suffice for the time being. Also... check out the update, a second song has been added.

Makin' games.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »

If it's anything like my (shared) host, you'll have to right-click and save the OGG files or the server tries to send it as text.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic