Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:23:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Coupla soundfiles [LINKS NOW WORKING AGAIN]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coupla soundfiles [LINKS NOW WORKING AGAIN]  (Read 7974 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

So, I've decided to put a bit of electronic music together for this compo over the course of the next four weeks, but as it happens, I'm also a big fan of field recording (which in this case means recording the "ambiance" of places with a mic), which is why I've made the perhaps slightly odd decicision to create some of that as well.

While the potential use for the tunes is quite obvious, the use for the field recordings is a little more obscure. Perhaps you could use them as ambient loops in a deep, atmospheric and artsy-as-fuck game?

For the first post, I prepared a spacy ambient techno track entitled "Bubbly Warp" and a bit of autumnal garden atmospherics featuring wind, crows and a passing car. Hope you enjoy it!  Beer!

Updates will be made as I finish new stuff. Formats are 192kbps MP3 for the music and 16bit 44khz WAV for the field recordings. Right-click and "Save As" to download the files

TUNES:
Winds Quiet/ (SoundCloud)
Headlights / (SoundCloud)
Bubbly Warp /  (SoundCloud)

FIELD RECORDINGS:
Windy garden, feat. crows and distant passing car (0:16)
Toilet being flushed (0:08)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:29:37 AM by CAsinclair » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

First song is a bit non-descript. And both seem like they're WAY too low on volume.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »

bubbly warp is a great track! i love the minimal beats in it.

falsion
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »

I like the first song. I could see it working for a save/load menu (Earthbound style) or something else low key like an options menu.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:18:10 PM »

A new tune, titled "Headlights" is now up. It's a darkish, downtempoish affair with some fake breakbeats and faux-acid bass.

Also, "Bubbly Warp" has been remastered and subtly remixed to make it louder and push the "ambient washes" more to the foreground.

Hope you enjoy them!  Beer!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:39:49 PM by CAsinclair » Logged
coollavagames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »

I liked the Bubbly Wrap song, but the bass drum was too loud. With this kind of songs it's really cool to imagine the games these songs would go great. I think this song would go great on some spooky platformer where you run on a castle and some weird stuff happen slowly around you!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 03:33:25 AM »

Thanks coollava  Wink

A new recording has been uploaded, though it's less of an ambient field recording and more of a sound effect. Title should be self-explanatory  Well, hello there!

Also, both music tracks have been uploaded to SoundCloud for easy streaming (just click the links).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:32:03 AM »

Hey!
I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I'm still doing this and I have a new track up to support my wild claims. It's called "Winds Quiet" and started out as an attempt to rip off Knytt's soundtrack, and consequently sounds all ambient and glitchy.  :D

The version I put up (only SoundCloud for now) is the unedited session recording, laid down 100% in real time in Ableton Live, which means it's probably a bit overlong at 9:22. I'll most certainly edit and remix it though in a few days and then upload that version. I plan to cut it down to somewhere between 4 and 6 minutes.

Enjoy!  Coffee
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »

"Winds Quiet" is quite gorgeous. I love all the detuning and stuff. I don't know that it would work well for a game, but it certainly works well for just listening. Smiley I dig the Knytt soundtrack... it actually made me think specifically of my favorite track from Within A Deep Forest, though... the one that plays in the main world. Do you know the one I mean? It has an owl sample in it.

In any case, though, very nice music.

racter
Level 0

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

Heya -- great stuff!  I'd like to use 'winds quiet' but it looks like you currently have downloading disabled on Soundcloud?  Or maybe I'm just being dense & missing the download button somewhere?

I don't know how Soundcloud regulates free/paid accounts etc., but if you do need somewhere else to host these mp3s for download now that willhostforfood is gone, please let me know & I can give you access to one of my servers to host them.

Thanks!

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer. Recent games: We Were You | Ruins
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »

I'd love to hear the two field recordings you did, but of course WHFF is no longer with us. Can you upload them elsewhere?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Thanks for your comments guys.

Sorry I couldn't respond quick, I didn't have access to a computer for the last 2 days.
Anyways, I intially wanted to do more but then stopped caring due to general lack of interest. I've uploaded all the files to Dropbox and updated the links in the first post accordingly.

Hope someone finds some use for them.  Wink
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 09:25:04 AM »

I've uploaded all the files to Dropbox and updated the links in the first post accordingly.
Thanks!  Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic