Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:31:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTRAUMA
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TRAUMA  (Read 4686 times)
Krystman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:35:33 AM »

Hello everybody. I would like to introduce you to a game I've been working on for over a year now. It is called TRAUMA and I guess you could categorize it as a Point-and-Click Adventure. But it's very different.

It tells a story of a young woman who survives a car accident. Recovering at the hospital, she has dreams that shed light on different aspects of her identity - such as the way she deals with the loss of her parents. You can navigate with her trough those dreams and learn about her.

The game features gesture-recognition, real-time 3D and somewhat unusual photographic visuals. Also, I followed a design strategy that focuses on experience rather than challenge.

It is made in Flash and will be playable online. The release will be by hopefully the end 2009. Here is a tiny, tiny website with a first gameplay video:
http://www.gamedesignreviews.com/trauma/

Questions, comments and feedback are very welcome.  Wink
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:11:12 AM »

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but...
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:16:29 AM »

Looks good! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Smiley
But as sergiocornaga said, you should at least introduce yourself before posting here Wink
Krystman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »

Oops. My bad. Embarrassed Fixed.
Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »

This looks terribly interesting! Eager to try it.

raiten
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »

Hi Krystian! This is Marcus, we met at Casual Connect in Hamburg last year. Awesome to see something new from you! The game looks super interesting, can't wait.
ThirdBM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »

Looks beautiful and artistic. I like that kind of storytelling.. I'll be waiting for this.!
JackNeil
Level 0

Grappling Hook

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »

Congratulations to this project!
The blending between the scenes is great! It is so much cooler than in every other 2d-point&click adventures I know.

How are the photos linked together? Do you have to define every blending-animation for each photo or is there some automatic calculation?

Christian Teister | Game Developer
Grappling Hook | Dev-Blog
Krystman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 03:55:23 AM »

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys. After a year, it's very difficult to keep the motivation alive.

@raiten Hey Marcus. I'm glad to hear from you again! ^_^

@JackNeil Well, yes and no. The animations aren't done manually. With around 30 photos per level that would have been insane. Big Laff
I arranged the photos spatially and used the Flash 3D Engine Papervision3D for animations. But arranging the photos had to be manually, as opposed to automatic solutions like Photsynth http://photosynth.net/Default.aspx

Here is a screenshot from the process. Each of the 4 levels has around 30 photos.

And here is a "map" of a finished level

Larger versions and some more development Screenshots are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krystianmajewski/sets/72157607028933611/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic