Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:14:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback Forum Guidelines! READ FIRST!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback Forum Guidelines! READ FIRST!  (Read 131364 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:32:30 AM »

This is the place for you to post about your games and receive feedback from players.  Both work-in-progress and finished projects are welcome.  You don't have to include a build, but you need to have real content (screens, code, documentation) available in any case.  The place for dreamy game ideas is the Art forum. If you want to create a development thread with constant updates related to all aspects of the project, post in DevLogs.

Guidelines:

1. Please introduce yourself in this thread before asking for some feedback. It's always appreciated to have people presenting themselves before asking for some help.

2. When posting, please tell the player what kind of feedback you are looking for. Even if you're looking for general criticism, it always helps to know when playing.  If you are not looking for feedback, please do not post your game here, instead use the Announcements forum!

3. If you post here asking for feedback, provide feedback in other threads in return. Spread the love!

4. Only post if you have a free build for players to test. Use Devlogs for games earlier in their development, Workshop for feedback on non-game aspects (like screenshots, trailers, sites, etc), and Announcements for finished games. Feedback is to receive direct feedback for the playtesting part of your game.

5. If you have a build to test, include a link to the build and links to any software you will need to play the game.

6. Try to include screenshots in your post, preferably using the "img" tag.  You're going to get a lot more feedback if you do, trust me.

7. Include system requirements in your post.

8. One thread per game, please!  Update existing threads with new builds and information.

9. You may receive some strong criticism sometimes, especially if your game is still early in development or if you're not very experienced. Don't think these people are trolling your game or trying to mock your efforts, as that's not always the case. Judge their feedback carefully and calmly. If you want opinions on your work, you shoudl always be prepared for people not liking it.

To those providing feedback:

1. Be constructive, be honest, be descriptive.  When discussing bugs, always provide your system specs.

2. Don't be shy to comment on games from people you don't know!

3. You will notice that there isn't a great ammount of AAA quality games on this forum. This is normal. A lot of young, inexperienced devs post here so they can receive feedback on their efforts. Remember, everybody started somewhere. Offer them detailed, honest, constructive feedback so they may improve their skills.

Enjoy! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:54:39 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
fragOut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »

ok

fragOut
IBwWG
Level 0

In the Beginning was the Word Game (IBwWG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

Does it make sense to post pay-for betas here in the playtesting forum, or is it only for free ones?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:00:57 PM by IBwWG » Logged

Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 12:40:01 PM »

Hi! I'm Al. I'm basically a returning game dev (meaning I was making a dev and stopped mid-way and now finishing) looking to get insight on how my game plays and general impression of it.

Haraya Games
Level 0

Awwww!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:17:05 AM »

sure Tongue

Harayasoft
mikachu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 03:42:33 PM »

Hi, I'm an indie game dev and working at a game engine company for day job. Looking for feedback to my Early Access title.
yawmoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »

Oooops!

Apologies, I have introduced myself directly in the play testing thread.

Let me amend this and please forgive my rudeness.

My name is yawmoo,

I have been programming for a very long time but only recently I started making my own games.

What I can offer is help to newbies, possibly my opinion about other people's games and then we'll take it from there.

What I am looking for in this forum at present is fellow game developers who can play my game and give me some good criticism.

Best to all :-)
Louis117
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »

Beer! Hi,
I am Louis, join this to look for my new game - Hole Runner - feedback. Beer! Beer!
AoF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

Am I allowed to give feedback, then ask/suggest that the person give me feedback on my game at the bottom of my own feedback? 
GooSlimeStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 01:21:16 AM »

Hello! I am Xce, from GooSlime Studios, Im here to showcase my game and hear some honest feedback  Shrug
shoulddev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »

Hi guys, I'm an amateur game dev working with Godot. I'm interested in smooth and focused gameplay mechanics. I suck at lighting and art in general. I'm okay at prototyping levels. I'm a gameplay programmer at heart.
shadedcolors
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 11:27:59 PM »

Hey everyone! I have a game I've been working on with 2 other people for about 3 months and we're looking for playtesting and feedback.
PricklyPearGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 06:39:51 PM »

Hello, I'm a javascript-favoring engine dev, I just heard about this place. Greetings all!
IceNineOcean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 10:55:17 PM »

Hello! I'm Claire, an indie game dev, have done a few game jams and a couple solo projects. Mainly have experience in 2D and trying to branch into 3D. Both a artist and programmer, looking to grow in both aspects and get feedback and learn!
JulioQuiroz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 10:26:56 AM »

All clear captain! Hand Thumbs Up Left

Always my back itches.
bentylor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 04:16:15 AM »

I am indie game developer working alone
I am programmer with some knowledge in game design
looking to share my baby game with you to help it grow bigger Smiley
SkaterMagazine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 03:00:13 AM »

Hi, I am a developer, I write in python, if anyone has any questions I am ready to answer.
Neils4
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2023, 12:07:34 AM »

My name is Neil. I enjoy programming games using QB64. I’m currently working on an RPG. I do all of the coding work and a friend of mine who is a musician designs the music and sound effects for the game. I’m hoping that people play test my game and give some good feedback.
Niki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 09:26:45 AM »

Hi! If I have a game in early access would it be ok to give out keys so people can playtest?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic