Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:00:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Stevobread: Updated 11/29
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stevobread: Updated 11/29  (Read 6594 times)
stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »

Yep...

Zip File

War's Prelude   10/31
This composition is pretty short. It sounds just as the name describes it. It features a violin, a cello, tubular bells, and timpani.

Amidst   10/31
This song is majestic, sounding more sad at first. It's one of my favorites of these songs and features a piano and two flutes.

Enmity   10/31
This one is in a similar style to the first and is also kind of short. It features a violin, a cello, a music box, and timpani.

Onward   11/6
This is an epic piece that features a flute, a cello, and a violin.

Making Coffee   11/9
This is a kind of weird and somewhat jazzy song featuring a shamisen, a reed organ, a rain sound effect, and woodblocks. It is also very short.

Blue, Red, and Yellow   11/9
This song is more cheerful than the others and is kind of short. It features a rhodes piano, a harmonica, and an ocarina.

River   11/9
This one sounds quite strange and features a shamisen, a shanai, and a jazz guitar. It's the shortest song on the list.

Haven   11/14
This is a tranquil song featuring a violin, a flute, and a music box.

Crystal   11/14
This piece is kind of short and sounds mystical. It features a music box, a cello, and a choir.

Rivalry   11/14
This song sounds kind of sad but is really more light-hearted. It features a piano, a muted guitar, and woodblocks.

Drizzle in the Night   11/27
This song is a bit short and sounds pretty much just as the name implies. It features a vibraphone, a rain sound effect, a violin, and a really quiet sustained flute.

Art is an Explosion   11/27
This composition is in an epic style and is meant to be loud and surprising. It's one of my favorites and features a music box, a violin, a cello, a trumpet, and timpani.

Insanity   11/27
This one is fast-paced and is also meant to sound loud. It's another of my favorite songs on the list and features a music box, a cello, a violin, and timpani.

Lost   11/27
This is a short song and sounds kind of sad but has a quick pace. It features an ocarina, a music box, and a violin.

The Finale
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:51:06 PM by stevobread » Logged
jjs
Level 0

Lean like a Chozo!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:18:40 AM »

These are really good.   Gentleman

More, more, more!

Also, don't forget to introduce yourself.     Hand Point LeftTiger
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:21:49 AM by jjs » Logged
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:32:19 AM »

Welcome to TIGSource. I really like the 1st and 3rd tracks. Just the kind of thing we need for an Epic Fantasy setting. Not that I plan on making an Epic Fantasy game or anything  Roll Eyes .

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »

Thanks.
I uploaded a new composition.
stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »

There are three new songs up.
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:30:11 AM »

Hey Steve, didn't know you were here!

I like the music, I think my favourite is Blue, Red and Yellow.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink

stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 08:21:10 AM »

Thanks, Andrew.
I now have ten compositions uploaded.
nunix
Level 1

This space intentionally left blank.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »

The flutes sound a little "harsh" but I think that's just a facet of midi instruments, and I dunno if you can soften their edges a little or not.

Prelude: I like how this starts off kind of typical for a start menu, then gets dark quickly.

Amidst: you're right, this is pretty nice. I imagine it being slowed down, and having the flutes replaced with a saxaphone, and turning up as a leitmotif for one of the characters in a jazz bar somewhere.

*listens to all of them*

You know, these are all pretty cohesive, and they feel like they could all come from the same game; maybe a SNES RPG, something set in or around a war (weren't they all? ;). These compositions are really nice, you should be totally proud of this work. What software do you do the composing in? And is it a pure-software process for you or do you mess around on a physical instrument first for ideas?

stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:18 PM »

Thanks!
I use a program called NoteWorthy Composer and come up with everything on my brother's old glockenspiel.
stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

There are four new songs uploaded.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »

I am wow'd.

These are great!

Excellent use of midis. Gentleman
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:28:35 PM by Jakman4242 » Logged

stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »

The final song has been uploaded. It's an epic composition featuring a violin, a cello, a music box, a flute, and timpani.
stevobread
Level 0

Armageddon Cat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »

I added a zip file for convenience. But I really just did it so I'd have an excuse to bring this topic back up...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic