Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:41:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Compound's Music & SFX
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Compound's Music & SFX  (Read 3936 times)
compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »

Thanks for visiting. Newest stuff is at the bottom.

I've got my "studio" back in order, going to tweak the mixdowns on the first 4 tunes as they sound a little bit 'boxy' on my monitors...

About me:

I'm... a lazy perfectionist.

Music:

Fizz
    Walk Without Rhythm
    You Might Be Missing Some of the Benefits That Stereo Can Provide
    Checkpoint
    Sweet Spot
    Starman
    Funky World
    Dog Eat Dog
    Life Underwater

SFX:

Working on it Facepalm

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:35:47 PM by compound » Logged
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »

I love "Walk Without Rhythm" (even if the title doesn't make any sense, given how rhythmic the song is).

I'd go ahead and make the songs loop seamlessly if I were you--it's impossible to know in advance how many people are going to use your songs, but if they're not game-ready, that practically guarantees that fewer people will use them. Shrug

compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »

Thanks for listening. That track kind of had a Fatboy Slim feel to me... you know, you've got to walk without rhythm. That way it won't attract the worm.

I think I'll do that, and slap the tails on at the beginning of the track. Kind of ugly, but it does seem like a practical solution. Cheers Smiley
pgil
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:47 AM »

Yeah, looping songs with a lot of reverb sucks. one (slightly hack-ish) solution I use is to just have a loud kick drum or something right at the beginning of the song to hide any awkward looping  Shrug
compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »

That's not a bad idea, maybe I can work something like that in... or maybe just modify the flow of the composition...

Big update, I've added Checkpoint, Sweet Spot, Starman, Funky World, and Dog Eat Dog. This new stuff was written to loop seamlessly without release tails or echos getting in the way.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »

Yeah, looping songs with a lot of reverb sucks. one (slightly hack-ish) solution I use is to just have a loud kick drum or something right at the beginning of the song to hide any awkward looping  Shrug
The way I do this is to write out the whole song, then repeat the first bar at the end so it captures any echos and reverbs.  Then I use Audacity to cut out the first bar and replace it with the one at the end.

For shorter loops (ex: I have one that's only 2 sec) I just repeat the bar 3x and cut out the first and last ones.

If you have Fruity Loops it also has an option to wrap the remainder to the front, but let's face it, Fruity Loops can't do every sound you need and it costs CASH MONEY* that a lot of us don't have.

*See Wu-Tang lyrics for commentary:
Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right
Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right C.R.E.A.M. GRAB THE MONEY Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right
Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right DOLLA DOLLA BILL Y'AAAAAALLL Hand Money LeftOutragedHand Money Right

hi
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic