Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:46:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1NiallM's Sound FX (now with miscellaneous noises!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NiallM's Sound FX (now with miscellaneous noises!)  (Read 4387 times)
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »

Vocal Noises

I don't think I'm the first person to have this idea, but here's a pack full of sounds I made with my mouth:

The individual files in a zip
Every sound one after the other

66 files in total.  Most of them have multiple versions.  The sounds are: Bing, Boing, BuBaBaBah, Bup, DaDah, Dr. Zoidberg, EekAMouse, Hic, Ksh, Mumble, OmNomNom, Oof, Ow, Peep, Peow, Ping, Pow, Rumble, Ssh, Tap, Tick, Tock, Vroom, Yoink, Zzheow.

Kitchen Percussion

For my second pack, I recorded myself hitting a bunch of things from my kitchen with a wooden spoon.  It's a bit different from the usual zaps and explosions - hopefully it'll encourage people to get creative Wink

30 files in total, 3 of each sound.  The sounds are: Baking Tray, Big Bowl, Big Pot Lid, Med Pot Lid, Pizza Tray, Rack, Wee Bowl, Wee Pot, Wee Pot Lid, Wok.

Miscellaneous Noises

I've own a few miscellaneous noise-making things, so I've recorded them in case they're of any use to someone.

Just 18 files here, 3 of each sound.  The sounds are: Cricket, Duck Call, Finger Bell, Frog, Rainstick, Shaker.  The frog and cricket are wooden scraper-type things designed to sound like a frog and a cricket when you scrape them, but I'm not sure it really comes across that well in the recording.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:33:06 PM by NiallM » Logged

NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »

Bumping after I added another pack.  That's probably it for me - other than my guitars I've pretty much run out of things to hit, scrape or blow...

zpxlng
Level 0

GRILL GAMER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »

This thread needs more love; this stuff is awesome. I love spoken sound effects, and I love percussive sounds.

I used 'kitchen noises' in a game myself, once... Sounds like you've got a much nicer microphone than I had, though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic