I'm recovering from four months of crunching during which I fully completed/bug-tested/polished the first 1/4 of the game (though there's also plenty of non-polished, buggy work done in the other 3/4) for IGF
and thought that I should really get around to posting this here thread.
I've been working on this for two and a half years now while being a married father of two with a full time job, so it's a slow moving project, but I think it's a pretty awesome one.
If you like point and click adventures with mature storylines (as in dealing with some contentious issues, not mature like "yay guns, boobies, and blood") this will be perfect for you. If you don't like point and click adventures, I think that this game will have enough gameplay twists and innovations that it will feel new and sparkly instead of old and nineteen-eighty-fivesy.
I'll keep this thread updated with any important updates and with some new art, video or music periodically. Hope you like it!
So, yeah. Resonance. Copy/pasted copy coming up:
A particle physicist's mysterious and spectacular death sparks a race to find his hidden vault and claim his terrifying new discovery. The player will take control of four characters whose lives become entangled in the search for the scientist's vault. They will have to learn to trust each other and work together to overcome the obstacles in their way and to keep this new and powerful technology out of the hands of a dangerous organization.
(click for full size)Features:
- Four playable swappable characters
- A twisting, riveting storyline
- Unique long-term and short-term memory systems
- Cheat death by rewinding time
- A unique and intuitive interface
- All the love and care you've come to expect from an independent adventure developer
(in alphabetical order)
Videos:Developer's Diaries:Other media:Follow development:
- Deirdra Kiai - Dialog
- Joshua Nuernberger - Additional art/closeups
- Marina Siu-Chong - Character portraits
- Nauris Krause - Backgrounds
- Nikolas Sideris - Music and Sound
- Shane Stevens - Characters and animation
- Vince Twelve - Design, programming, story, writing