Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:02:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Radtasty Synthy Chaotic Music by Risonhighmer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Radtasty Synthy Chaotic Music by Risonhighmer  (Read 3702 times)
Risonhighmer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »

I've always wanted to be a part of one of these competitions, but I lacked the skills necessary. So finally this competition comes along. Feel free to use this song of mine whichever way you please! If you want me to add or change anything to it, by all means, suggest away.

I made this with Beaterator for PSP.

Youtube link to listen:

Download Link, as a .WAV file:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6804418776346fea/

UPDATE:

I've fine tuned the song a bit, now with less of the chaotic random synth throughout. Many people thought it was annoying, but I'll leave the old one up here as well in case you preferred it.

Youtube Link with less chaotic synth:

Download link with less chaotic synth .WAV file:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/680583139a3a8550/

UPDATE 2:

Alright, so, I adjusted the levels, and tried to fix some of the clipping issues. It shouldn't be as loud anymore either. The random chaotic synthy bits are now less overpowering, so they complement the music, rather than annoy the listener.

Youtube Link Adjusted Levels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WID_WWVz5IU

Download Link Adjusted Levels .WAV file:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/68094435d5f84612/

And once again, feedback and suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:32:27 PM by Risonhighmer » Logged
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »

I think it sounds rather wild and crazy.
Which is great!  Would work very with some of my game ideas.  Grin

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Risonhighmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »

Awesome! I'm excited to see if anyone uses it in the second bit of the competition Smiley
Eraser
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

It would be a lot better if you took out the useless noise on top. Underlying beats/tune is nice, but what you layered on top of it is, yes, annoying.
Risonhighmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »

I'm actually doing a version of it right now, that uses the wacky random synth bit a lot less. It's still in there, but not throughout. Just when it sounds good. I'll put that version in the OP as soon as it's exported and uploaded. Smiley

Edit:

Alright, OP is updated with new version of the song.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:24:49 PM by Risonhighmer » Logged
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

I don't know how much control Beaterator gives you over your volume levels, but you could really do with turning everything down quite a bit; there's a lot of clipping and distortion going on. While you're changing the levels, too, I'd bring the noisy synth down a bit. Just enough so you can hear it, but it isn't completely overpowering. Level mixing is a good skill to learn early on!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Risonhighmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »

Alright, cool. I'll get on that later today if I can find time.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic