Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:39:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music  (Read 4843 times)
jamestillman
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

Gentleman Hi!  My name is James Tillman--long time lurker, first time poster.  By night, I sing and play guitar with a rock band called Heartdrive.  By day, I like to write music for imaginary video games to try to keep an open mind about different styles.  For now, I'm uploading these as mp3's for your listening convenience--by request, I can also send whatever format you guys and girls need (the originals are 48kHz, 24-bit WAV's.)

I would be so honored if someone used my music in a game!  Thank you for your listens and feedback!

01 SATIE
pno+drums+clarinet  Relaxing piece inspired by Erik Satie and KiRite.  1m26s loop.  Maybe your title screen!

02 VICTORY
drums+gtr+synths  Rock and roll victory music!  32s, no loop.  I could loop this one by request.

03 LAZIE
pno+clarinet+bassoon+gtr  Variation on 12-bar blues for your bar and cantina needs.  1m12s loop.

P.S. I can do requests, but there are already plenty of amazing resources for more traditional game music, so holla if you need something outside of that realm (especially if it's pop music!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:11:32 PM by jamestillman » Logged
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »

I really like "Satie", I'm thinking of using it in a non-Asemblee project if that's okay with you.

jamestillman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:51 AM »

Yeah!  All this stuff is completely free to use for anything, credited or uncredited, all I ask is that you send me a heads up so I can play the finished product and see where you used the song. Smiley

Thanks for the feedback!!
JorgeBoscan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:06:16 AM »

The victory one is really nice, though you may want to loop it nicely or let it finish because it feels like it was going to loop, but when I looped it didn't quite worked well. It's because of the guitar slide, if you delete that part it loops nicely; or you could make an ending for it. Nice job.

Harmony, is essencial.
jamestillman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »

The victory one is really nice, though you may want to loop it nicely or let it finish because it feels like it was going to loop, but when I looped it didn't quite worked well. It's because of the guitar slide, if you delete that part it loops nicely; or you could make an ending for it. Nice job.

I gotcha, Jorge!  I like the idea of the guitar slide coming into victory music because it's like a modern analog of the Final Fantasy victory fanfare, but you're right that I need to expand on it and it give it a proper ending.  That'll be next.

For now, I just uploaded a new looping blues track called Lazie, inspired by the rock and roll soundtrack of Earthbound.  Let me know what you think!

<3 James
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »

Awesome EarthBound-esque track.
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:30:19 PM »

I used "Satie" in one of the levels in my entry:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9613.0