Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:17:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Gosh I procrastinated- Clown's Topic woo!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gosh I procrastinated- Clown's Topic woo!  (Read 5871 times)
Clown
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »

Ok so I'm entering this Compitition in the "ART" side. I'll probably mostly be spriting...but there may be some sketches, though sadly I lack photoshop so don't expect much big art. Crazy

Anyway, my sprites might vary a lot in styles too...I don't really have much of a plan on what to do for this compitition, so I'll probably just post a ton of sprites, whatever sounds like fun to me...Sooo have fun deciding what you'll do with them in your game Giggle

Style 1 (Ink Style):

Style 2 (Happy Bold outlines):

Style 3 (No Outline Style):
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:42:41 PM by Clown » Logged
nunix
Level 1

This space intentionally left blank.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

REALLY like the ink style!

Clown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »

Ok awesome Sauce thanks Smiley

I'll probably make some more in that style if you guys like it. In fact I'll probably take a lot of requests in general.
nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »

Do you want to try a simple walk animation for 'em? Just a two-frame thing, or a rest + walk1 + walk2. Can be pretty basic. I want to see a walking whale Grin

Other suggestions: more African animals (got the gorilla and elephant, so maybe lion, tiger, giraffe, rhino, gazelle, et cetera).

Clown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »

lol I'm definitly fine with making more animals, but are you sure you want walking animations for them? I mean no matter what they'll basically only work on a white background, is that ok?
What would you use them for a platformer or?...I was thinking these would be used for a game more like pokemon or something. But if you really want me to I could give it a go. Smiley
nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »

Why do you think they'll only work on white? You could magic-wand select them (I'm sure GIMP can do this, which is free; if that doesn't work for you, I or someone else would be happy to help) so that the sprite only consists of the actual animal. Alternatively you can just set the white to either be "magic pink" (which is a standard-use transparency color) or set the actual background to be transparent rather than white.. up to you though. =)

Mostly I just wanted to see the little guys walk, didn't have anything in particular in mind. Wink They could be platformer characters, but I just pictured them walking along in the background or something.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »

Your 'Ink Style' sprites look cute.
I like your 'Happy Bold' sprites.  The outline looks good, the colors are well chosen.  Looks happy and fun.

Looking forward to seeing more from you Clown.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Clown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »

Why thank you :D
I love the compliments guys keep em comin' Wink

Anywhooo I added a new style, It's all high detail without outlines, so it looks more realistic.
Oh and in case you're interested...the first guy was inspired by "Pyramid Head" from Silent hill, the 2nd guy was inspired by the "Shadow Man" from the princess and the frog  Shrug And finally the 3rd one was inspired by my new favorite animal "the Leopard Seal" heck yah!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »

It'd be great if you could animate at least one of them.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Clown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »

It'd be great if you could animate at least one of them.

Yes I appologize, I've been super Busy/Lazy lately...But I do plan to animate...although I don't have much time left before the comp. is over....I also may not be able to do much spriting over my break since I'll be visiting relatives...We'll have to see  Shrug

But I did make a small update...If it means much, just some more sprites in the happy bold style
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic