Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:47:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Resources
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Resources  (Read 53350 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »

Is anyone up for making a separate zip of all the music? I'd love to put the lot on my mp3 player and get to know them a bit...

Can't really download anything at all yet, but I'll be at an internet cafe in a couple of days and hope to get everything then Smiley

lulzapricot
Level 0

om nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »

Noted. I'm bogged with schoolwork the rest of today and tomorrow, though. If someone wants to take the plunge before me, let me know.

Allright, Ill 'plunge'.   Expect zips/rars/7zips of all music and art assets hopefully within five hours.

EDIT: for time and bandwidth reasons, I shall only be packaging up the art, not music, sorry, someone else may take care of music Tongue
meadowsweet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »

Actually they didn't, you should double-check that.

Yeah, they did, I just chose a bad example, because you probably saw the couple of iterations of that particular image that didn't break and stopped there. If you scroll down past where it tries to load several of my mp3s as images, there's a bunch of URLs that are truncated. You can tell because there's no file extension.

I'm pretty sure it's because in my thread I'd posted them with actual spaces in the URLs instead of %20, which no doubt made the script think that it'd reached the ends of the URLs before it had. I've fixed the issue in my original thread (%20s in all the URLs) but I can't fix it here.

lulzapricot
Level 0

om nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 12:55:20 AM »

After some hours of straight work I have managed to collect every* last art asset and have now uploaded them in .zip format on mediafire. Smiley  I recommend everyone who uses these assets to also check their original thread though, for their creator might have requested you to attribute them.  Most people also included neat little animations and mockups in their threads too.  This pack though only includes the spritesheets[allthough if the creator didnt post anything but gifs or something i did use those, yes]).

If anyone finds that I missed someone's work or accidently attributed an asset to the wrong person please tell me about it, I am extremely sorry.  This package of assets was compiled by me entirely manually, and I am very human(therefore prone to make mistakes ._.).

Additionally, it would be awesome if someone like, made a mysql database containing a table that listed every single asset's name, author, tags, description, and uri to download it[once uploading this pack via ftp or something].  Then you could make a web interface to the database with search and cool shit. :3    I know there have been similar attempts at organizing all the assets, but tbh, I havent found any of these attempts awefully usefull.

*Allright, so, not EVERY asset may be included.  If you posted assets elsewhere then the first page of a thread under the Assemblee Pt1 section, there is a high chance I skipped it.  Same for if you posted art assets in a thread with the "Sound" icon.  I dont think many people did either of those though(my collection of assets feature a WHOOPING 118 ARTISTS, and over 4,000 individual spritesheets and assorted other art).  Also, I additionally removed all of AdamButcher's assets.  They are great assets, but, your assets are an impressive 121mb.  121mb is a good deal larger then anyone elses assets and it bumps me over the upload limit on mediafire, so im sorry but your assets have not been included(I really like your animated sun face though :D).
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 01:08:21 AM »

After some hours of straight work I have managed to collect every* last art asset and have now uploaded them in .zip format on mediafire. Smiley

Sweet!  Thanks lulzapricot!

EDIT: I don't think I can view the files in a zip file before it has completed downloading... Zip =/= torrent Tongue)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:13:24 AM by BigLon » Logged

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »

EDIT: for time and bandwidth reasons, I shall only be packaging up the art, not music, sorry, someone else may take care of music Tongue

i can do that

elib
Level 0

only just begun the process

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 07:10:45 AM »

ok, this was a triumph.

Thank you for your sincere efforts. I now have an overwhelming library of visual assets.

Now I just need to make a game. What??!!?  Shocked

Mocker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

I downloaded lulzapricot's zip file from mediafire. It said it was corrupt when it get to Strom's 3d stuff, not sure if anyone else has that problem or just me. I got a good 118 folders from +peter to Zaratustra so I'm hoping I didn't miss much, if you could let me know what came after that

I code like the wind - the wind crashes many things
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 10:39:22 AM »

nothing, there was one Stroms .blend 3d model that is corrupt. Everything else is alright Smiley

PS. I'm already uploading the music package, will be ready in 30 minutes or so.

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Would someone mind mirroring the all graphics zip? Mediafire doesn't seem to want to let me download it. Sad

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »

PS. I'm already uploading the music package, will be ready in 30 minutes or so.

Sweet!

Would someone mind mirroring the all graphics zip? Mediafire doesn't seem to want to let me download it. Sad

Hmm... Undecided For sure need a second mirror for those who can't access mediafire downloads.

Another note, shouldn't the license for all Assemblee Part I entrees be decided?  I thought they were all going to be NC (Non-Commercial), By Attribution (give credit to original creator) with the right to remix.

See Derek's post:
Is Creative Commons the best public license to use for the artwork and music?

What I think we're looking for is:

1. Use/remix freely for non-commercial projects
2. Give attribution to the original author somewhere in the project itself

CC seems tailored more for a single type of work/single artist...

So shouldn't something like this be included in the zip file (Or some where visible. I know, after the fact): http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/us/

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »

MUSIC PACKAGE!!!

7zziped, ultra high compression ratio (92%  Hand Thumbs Up LeftWell, hello there!)

PS Derek, please add this and this by lulzapricot to the first post.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 12:00:47 PM »

MUSIC PACKAGE!!!

7zziped, ultra high compression ratio (92%  Hand Thumbs Up LeftWell, hello there!)

PS Derek, please add this and this by lulzapricot to the first post.

AWESOME!!! Downloading NOW! ETA: 12:20PST

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

Oh noes! Sos, 159 of 230 files are broken!?
Combining files went ok (took me a little trial and error to figure it out with 7zip, but it was pretty easy, probably took less than a minute).  But unpacking the 7z file resulted in a warning with a bunch of broken files (159 broken files).  I attempted unzipping the file .7z file multiple times.  Created the .7z file multiple times too.

GFX Zip, Check (as stated by lulzapricot, it is lacking AdamButcher's assets, maybe he (Adam) can have his own zip mirror).
Music Zip, Check (though 159 files are broken for me)
SFX Zip, no where to be found.

And that would cover most all the entrees, right?  Unless some one entered poetry or some kind of wordy 'art'.  

Hey wait a moment...  If stories are considered art, does that mean our games can only  have dialog and stories created in Assemblee: Part I!?   Well, they could be procedurally generated.  

lulzapricot
Level 0

om nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »

Neat!

Sorry for not mirroring it, my upload speed isnt too fast.

this was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: huge success.

Another note, shouldn't the license for all Assemblee Part I entrees be decided?
Yeah, I know derek had something official to say on that, but I also noticed that some people included their own license. :\ I dont think it is a big deal though.

MUSIC PACKAGE!!!
:D

Would someone mind mirroring the all graphics zip? Mediafire doesn't seem to want to let me download it. :(
Oh noez, I'll upload to zshare aswell. EDIT: done,  http://www.zshare.net/download/695630301de39834/

Sorry if any of stroms stuff were corrupted for you guys. :\  Seems fine here, may of been corrupted on upload?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:52:26 PM by lulzapricot » Logged
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

Sorry if any of stroms stuff were corrupted for you guys. :\  Seems fine here, may of been corrupted on upload?
One of Storm's assets is corrupted for me as well.
Thank you lulzapricot and Sos.  I appriciate your time and effort putting these zips up for download, very useful.

thief0
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »

Umm, but weren't we supposed to vote on the art in order to determine which ones are available to use? Or can the programmers and game designers choose any graphics and music from any thread in Assemblee Part 1?
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »

Umm, but weren't we supposed to vote on the art in order to determine which ones are available to use? Or can the programmers and game designers choose any graphics and music from any thread in Assemblee Part 1?
Any graphics from Part 1 (otherwise this would be nothing but a lofi roguelike competition). If I understand right, after the competition the programmers will vote on which resources were most useful to them. In other words, after the game competition Oryx wins the art competition.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »

I use Oryx too.  Embarrassed

But my game isn't a roguelike, does that make it better?  Durr...?
Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »

Sorry for not mirroring it

Mirror for anyone who can't/won't use random filesharing sites

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to: