Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:47:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Great Dungeon in the Sky [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Great Dungeon in the Sky [FINISHED]  (Read 62595 times)
LSK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »

I unlocked every single character and completed the game and still got the "You need to unlock all the characters. Amirite?" message.
dengar
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »

Coverage in the Toronto Star, fwiw.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/812229--handful-of-playables-gives-dungeon-game-its-kick
Skaramuche
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »

Game is awesome--I was using the Thunder Dragon to run every level, flying to get the weird rare monsters in out-of-the-way corners, plus he's got strong attacks and tons of health.  When I beat the Red Dragon, though, he won't seem to unlock; the egg turns to wurmling turns to drake as the other colors did, but the drake for some reason keeps turning into the ice dragon when it eats, instead of fire.  I can't seem to get the fire dragon at all.

Also, of course, some way to pick certain maps or otherwise have it be a /little/ less dumb luck which monsters spawn would be awesome...
Curseman
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 02:58:06 AM »

I think the concept of this game would go really well with a metroidvania.  You know, like you only encounter land enemies for the first part, but there's a flying boss you kill eventually that lets you get to flying parts, and a fire boss that lets you get past lava, and so forth.  Maybe letting the player only switch bodies at save points, and having the player use their own personal hp pool instead of matching the health of the body they're using would be good ideas.

Ditch the cooldown times for attacks though.  Those are no fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic