Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:31:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2DEBT [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: DEBT [FINISHED]  (Read 8713 times)
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »

------FINISHED-------

<- trailer

http://www.wickedworx.net/downloads/DEBT%20(TIGSOURCE%20ASSEMBLEE)-1.0-Setup.exe <- download

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:08:04 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:41:57 AM »

oh, I forgot to write what the game's about...

it's a timed game. you play Owen Sterling, who is massively in debt, so must fly off in his awesome spaceship to other planets to bring back valuables in order to pay off the collectors before/as they arrive. your final score is how much debt/profit you end up with at the end of the time. if you don't get back in time, they add interest, decreasing your score.

i'm going to hook it up to my online hi-score boards, also - to give it more replayability.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:19:32 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:36:49 AM »

i'm going to hook it up to my online hi-score boards, also - to give it more replayability.
Online high scores will be much appreciated!  Especially for such a 'score' based game.  Sounds fun.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »

got a short video of the WIP here, shows player arriving at a new location:

(seems to be working now, in HD at least...)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:11:44 PM by floatstarpx » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »

This looks mighty neat, especially the 3D.  GentlemanHand Thumbs Up Right
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »

This looks mighty neat, especially the 3D.  GentlemanHand Thumbs Up Right

thanks man :D
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »

Yeah, I think neat is the perfect word.  Kiss

hi
racter
Level 0

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »

NEATHand Joystick Hand Money Right

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer. Recent games: We Were You | Ruins
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:22:54 AM »

OK, I'm finished (unless anyone finds any major bugs... but I've had my buddies testing it the last couple of days...)
------FINISHED-------

<- trailer

http://www.wickedworx.net/downloads/DEBT%20(TIGSOURCE%20ASSEMBLEE)-1.0-Setup.exe <- download

enjoy!! Smiley
questions / etc... in this thread - i'll do my best to answer asap, although I think I'll be taking a short break from the computer first!

here are (rough list, hopefully not forgetting anyone) credits for art/sound:

Arache, ChrisFranklin, Cosmic_Fool, FrankieSmileShow, jrhill, KittenEater, mr.mnml, -N, PaulOfAwesome, Pencerkoff, Rogerlevy, savethedinosaurs - art
NotWorthy (music), sos (music), zpxlng, feeblethemighty, Atuun, John_Nesky, Stian_stark, Synnah - sound + music
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:08:41 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 07:30:17 AM »

My spaceship noise!

Really like the look of this; the mix of different art styles works pretty well, and the 3D effect is nice. Will give it a try soon!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »

Man this looks good. Well done. Accomplishes a lot of what I was hoping to do, except it actually does those things, where my game does not.  Durr...?
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »

Feels well put together, all of the pieces fit. The 3d effect is great, and gameplay is pretty good. I haven't figured out how to win yet, I don't think the balance is quite there yet.

Also, bug: I can't enter the '@' letter in the login screen, so I can't enter a valid email address.

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 01:22:59 AM »

Feels well put together, all of the pieces fit. The 3d effect is great, and gameplay is pretty good. I haven't figured out how to win yet, I don't think the balance is quite there yet.

Also, bug: I can't enter the '@' letter in the login screen, so I can't enter a valid email address.

thanks for the heads up!! ahh.. i might be able to fix this... this i beacuse i wrote it on a UK keyboard, and only cope with @ on there (shift + ', or shift + "). it needs to be shift + 2, for US kb... any other common keyboards?

you can also create a user account on the website (http://www.wickedworx.net) to get around this.. (login only requires username/password, create needs un/pw).. but i'm gonna make that fix anyway.

edit:
OK.. I've made that change (added shift+2 = @), and updated the version online.. i haven't made any other changes. if your keyboard is using something else for @, can you let me know? shift+2 will work now tho.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:33:06 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 02:50:50 AM »

Man this looks good. Well done. Accomplishes a lot of what I was hoping to do, except it actually does those things, where my game does not.  Durr...?

Cool thanks!
Yeah, I saw yours the other day - I noticed we were using a lot of the same assets. Smiley The gas effect was really cool - and the ninja rope was really fun (once i got the hang of it... no pun intended Wink )
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »

It doesn't seem to like running on my laptop (Unibody Macbook running Win7 64bit via boot camp)

It runs - and seems to run at a good speed - but the screen flickers like mad throughout (all the time - menus and in-game) - big black bars flickering all over the screen (sort of as if it wasn't double-buffered, and you could see the screen being cleared to black each frame?)

Looks pretty cool from the video, though Smiley

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »

It doesn't seem to like running on my laptop (Unibody Macbook running Win7 64bit via boot camp)

It runs - and seems to run at a good speed - but the screen flickers like mad throughout (all the time - menus and in-game) - big black bars flickering all over the screen (sort of as if it wasn't double-buffered, and you could see the screen being cleared to black each frame?)

Strange.. not sure I'll be able to look in to that.

I've got a buddy who understands Macs who's currently working on a Mac port (uses all cross-platform libs anyway, so shouldn't be a huge job for him)... so you could give that a go when/if its done, without booting in to Win7! Smiley
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »

thanks for the heads up!! ahh.. i might be able to fix this... this i beacuse i wrote it on a UK keyboard, and only cope with @ on there (shift + ', or shift + "). it needs to be shift + 2, for US kb... any other common keyboards?

Iirc at least SE, DK, NO, GE and FI uses ALtGr+2 for @

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »

Looks nice from the video but once I enter the planet part it's completely unplayable slow. Even the space part is jerky.
Are you using shaders there?
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 01:51:48 AM »

Looks nice from the video but once I enter the planet part it's completely unplayable slow. Even the space part is jerky.
Are you using shaders there?

nope, not at all...
what graphics card are you on?
i've run it on 3-4 PCs and haven't experienced this - even some mid-range laptops.

actually..... Windows 7 by any chance?
Windows 7 has lots of problems with OpenGL... do a google search for "windows 7 opengl" and there are countless threads. most seem to suggest getting the new nvidia drivers (such as this one)
http://www.overclock.net/windows/458892-windows-7-opengl-cs-1-6-a.html
if you're ATI, then i don't know what to suggest... and if you're not running Win7, then I'm even more stumped...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:15:07 AM by floatstarpx » Logged
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:07 AM »

just another small update:
http://wickedworx.net/highscores.php
you can view all the hi-scores here (complete with avatars etc..). there are some pretty impressive scores up the top.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic