Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:06:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2My untitled entry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My untitled entry  (Read 4293 times)
Razputin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »

Hey guys, I have been reading TIGsource for a while now and have wanted to make a game for longer then that but never got around to it.  I am a second year compsci student with little to no artistic ability but the assets generated in part one have got me interested in trying my hand at game making.

Currently I am building a simple rougelike but i am hoping to add a party system similar to BG, neverwinter nights, etc. creating a sort of SRPG rougelike hybrid.  The game is going to be built in Java because it is the language I am most comfortable with.

Progress so far:

So far I am using oryx's lofi assets only now and may or may not use others.

Hopefully this will help motivate me to complete something as most of my game attempts have stopped at a half finished engine.
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »

Ooo, nice idea. I've always wondered why more roguelikes didn't have parties. I'm knee deep in Dragon Age atm, so this sounds win.

I can't wait till the end where we count up whose assets were used the most. Oryx looks to be in the running for that title!

Razputin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

Just got a quick question i'm wondering if someone can help me with.  I am having trouble changing the colour of a sprite to recolour the interface tiles.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I am using the BufferedImage class in java 6 to display the sprites.
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/image/BufferedImage.html#setRGB(int,%20int,%20int)

Razputin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

Thanks, I have tried that method though and it removes the alpha mask on the sprite.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic