Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:26:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Tile Massacre SHMUP [OSX version fixed]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tile Massacre SHMUP [OSX version fixed]  (Read 19921 times)
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »

Hi !

the osx version crash when i press Z at the title screen Sad (i send you the bug report via pm)

i'm going to play it on my pc for now  Tongue.
Oh dear Embarrassed  Sorry, I'll look into it.  The bug report's really helpful, thanks.  Though I'm a little about why it's crashing in that part of the code.

Oh, and thanks for the skeletons Wink

porousnapkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

Just played the game, no crashes, and had quite a bit of fun. Cool idea!

I never managed to actually make any of the levels correctly in the level building section and was wondering... do I only get a point bonus for making the level perfectly? Or do I get a point bonus on each tile that is placed in the correct space? I couldn't quite figure it out. If it's the former, that seems a bit harsh, though I could be sore from being a tile or two off on a few levels.

I like how the difficulty of actually mapping out the levels ramps up as the game continues (ie it's difficult to figure out which tile you need in the pink and white level). Didn't beat it, but enjoyed what I played, and plan to go back for more later.
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 03:05:12 AM »

Just played the game, no crashes, and had quite a bit of fun. Cool idea!

I never managed to actually make any of the levels correctly in the level building section and was wondering... do I only get a point bonus for making the level perfectly? Or do I get a point bonus on each tile that is placed in the correct space? I couldn't quite figure it out. If it's the former, that seems a bit harsh, though I could be sore from being a tile or two off on a few levels.
No, the way it works is you get 1000 points if you match a tile correctly, or 10 points if you don't.  Then there's an extra 10000 points at the end of the level if you matched every tile.  So the more you match, the higher your score.

My own strategy though is to go for perfect matches the first couple of levels, then just hold the fire button down and go for survival (and blocking off skulls) rather than perfection.  I'd be really impressed if anyone managed to get every level perfect - that's way beyond my skills (especially the later levels, when aliens turn up and start shooting tiles at random...).

Still looking into the OSX crash - it looks like it's a threading issue with the music, but I can't replicate it on my ppc macmini Sad  It's possible it only shows up on multiprocessor machines, but my dual-core Windows and Linux machines don't have any problems, so I'm kind of stumped.

NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »

With the help of a friend's (intel) macbook, I tracked down the cause of the OSX crash, and fixed it! Grin  Link's the same, in the 1st post.

In the process I also fixed an unrelated but longstanding bug in my boilerplate graphics code, which makes me doubly happy Smiley

Skab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »

hehe, great ! Hand Joystick

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

Liked: A very unusual concept. Clever gameplay combination.

Disliked: The reward for completing part 1 perfectly wasn't great enough. I found that making the level entirely out of walls and then blasting through was a better tactic.

Conclusion: Nice to see experimentation and innovation, but it didn't quite do it for me.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic