Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:34:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)GAMMA IV
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Author Topic: GAMMA IV  (Read 104613 times)
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »

we only use a YES or NO system.
heather gave a clear NO to my favorite game so far.
now i have to convince her its awesome and should be in.

Sounds like fun. You should film the judging process for the next Gamma, if it's anything like as popular as this one. Beavis & Butthead style. (God now I feel really old)
moboid
Level 0

I know it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

Just to be totally clear, when we select the games that we will showcase, then at that point everyone who entered will be notified whether they were selected or not.  Given how many games we have to play and debate and narrow down, and given the other things on our respective plates, my guess is it's going to take at least a week for us to get there.

So far we've seen some REALLY impressive work, and I applaud you all.

JadedLion
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »

Regardless of the outcome, I want to thank you all for hosting the contest.  It got me to finish my first game... er... well, the first game I've ever created on my own.  Sitting down and trying to solve a problem (like a 2d skeleton that responds to basic physics!) and having NO idea if it would work, then standing and stretching a day later after getting good results was incredibly satisfying.

Hand Any Key One button!   Beer! Cheers!

cloo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2010, 08:08:42 AM »

Yes, and you NOed (one of) my favorite game(s). But you are clearly wrong...

heather gave a clear NO to my favorite game so far.
now i have to convince her its awesome and should be in.
JamesPopStar
Level 1

Agent California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

The solution is clear. You just need a PayPal donation button on the Kokoromi site. After that, it only takes one eccentric millionaire to come by and anonymously deposit a generous sum!

Then, everyone who submitted a game can come to Cali and meet you guys, making it the most epic GDC ever.

*is not eccentric millionare*

cloo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

The solution is clear. You just need a PayPal donation button on the Kokoromi site. After that, it only takes one eccentric millionaire to come by and anonymously deposit a generous sum!

Well, we do have this Kickstarter campaign-- eccentric millionaires welcome! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1188957169/gamma4-kokoromi-brings-legendary-indie-game-showc
JamesPopStar
Level 1

Agent California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

Since I mentioned it anyhow... I'll happily contrib a pledge to support GAMMA 4.

edit: Cheers Beer! Sent my aid. Hope I can manage to make it there, at least.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:42:03 PM by KirbyPopStar » Logged

OneSwitch.org.uk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »

I can't believe there are so many... It's exciting and nervewracking at the same time. I suspect part of the reason that the Gamma 4 submission amount was such a great success was the inherent simplicity of the theme. That being said, I can now look back fondly on being nearly reduced to tears over attempting to figure out the anaglyph 3D last year.

Too right!!! I'd be chuffed to bits to host any new games at OneSwitch.org.uk, with permission, where people can enjoy your games for many years to come.

By the way, Barrie, I'm curious about what sparked your passion for assistive technology and single button games in the first place. I've never heard of anyone else so dedicated to this particular cause, so I'm wondering -- what is your personal experience with it?

It's awesome to know the side effect of Gamma 4 contributes to such a great cause.

The thing that sparked my passion was working for a number of severely disabled adults many years ago, realising how many things were denied them when it came to fun pass-times. Messing about with some old 8-bit computers and accessible interfaces started to show just how much was possible. One Switch playable games was a part of it.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »

This was an awesome competition to work towards, and it was an extra big deal for me because it pushed me to get my first solo game started (I've been trying to learn programming basics for months!).  Here's a small preview of my entry:

and a character drawing:

I can't wait to see the winners at the GDC!

medi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: February 10, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »

the kikstarter deadline is Mar 8. does it mean that you will announce the winners at Mar 8 ?

grapefrukt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »

the kikstarter deadline is Mar 8. does it mean that you will announce the winners at Mar 8 ?

i hope not, since that's just a day before gdc starts!
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »

Yeah that would be cutting it too close for most of us. But I'm going to guess that the Gamma guys are working as fast as possible (I hope.)

Scolo
Level 0

Justin Dempsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

Ya really, it would be really tight to make travel arrangements and accommodations in that time frame.
AlbeyAmakiir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »

Especially from another country...

medi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »

fish said tihis :
"but we wont say which ones we picked until the event.
we want a surprises."
maybe the judging is finished. do they send an email to the losers ?

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2010, 07:33:30 AM »

Don't be silly - They would never declare the selected games only a day before the event. And they said they would keep them "secret" and "surprises" meaning they won't announce and show them to the public before the event, but the selected game makers will be notified. They also clearly stated they were still hard at work debating what games they should select (and playing Meowtron). You can find all that info by reading this very thread:

Just to be totally clear, when we select the games that we will showcase, then at that point everyone who entered will be notified whether they were selected or not.  Given how many games we have to play and debate and narrow down, and given the other things on our respective plates, my guess is it's going to take at least a week for us to get there.

So stop worrying people! Everything's gonna be okay!  Gentleman

Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »

If this is still on, count me in  Beer!
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »

If you mean creating/submitting a game, unfortunately the deadline was two weeks ago. It's in the judging phases now Sad
Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2010, 04:35:18 AM »

If you mean creating/submitting a game, unfortunately the deadline was two weeks ago. It's in the judging phases now Sad

Yea, I guess I'll just make my game anyways  Concerned
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »

It's been two weeks now, it might be cool if we could get a status update.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic