Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 08:54:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDESHORI
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: DESHORI  (Read 35315 times)
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2011, 05:24:15 AM »

UPDATE:

Hi y'all. Derek Sneed here.

I'm going full out into Deshori's development.

HELP THIS GAME SHINE LIKE ... a. um. LIGHT. SHINE LIKE A BEAUTIFUL LIGHT!

I'd like to not go homeless and I know I have the ability to make this game special.

Help me out if you can. If not, please help spread the word.

Derek Sneed, Signing out. Peace.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:46:35 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2011, 02:37:59 PM »

Hrrrrrrrgh I need to donate to this.
YOU DESERVE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
Okkwogg
Level 0

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

This looks really interesting! I really really love immersive exploration games like these.
You have a new backer now. Wink

delete me
Level 0

This account is very old, I don't use it.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »

64$. Take it sir.  Hand Money Right

I look forward to this greatly.
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »

Wow! thanks TIGpeeps! Smiley I'm super surprised I got any backers at all.

oh hey. I found a weird draw bug.

I thought it was pretty.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »

oh hey. I found a weird draw feature.

Fixed.

shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »

This looks so awesome. If only you didn't already have music covered... I'd love to do the soundtrack for this. Poo.

Looking forward to more.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »

oh hey. I found a weird draw feature.

Fixed.

+1
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »

maybe if could document us about this bug feature  Who, Me?

Ashkin
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »

Hey, have you considered e-mailing indiegames.com or some such website about your game? This seems just the kind of thing they'd want to blog about, which would mean more traffic for your Kickstarter, which means more money and more chance of getting this done!
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »

@Gimmy:

Scale something in on itself so that it's inverted, everytime the camera looks at it this will happen. The cool, almost-painted lines in the sky are the trails from the snow particles. I'm sure you could get even cooler effects if you planned it out.

@Ashkin:

I sent two absolutely embarrassing emails to Derek Yu in hopes of feature on tigs' front page. It was if I was drunk or something. Horrible. horrible...
And I sent a somewhat professional email to The Indie Games Blog. No response from either of them.
I am now writing an email to the editor of the Video Game section of Wired.com...

I wonder if the Kickstarter was a bad idea?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:44:55 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 10:47:15 PM »

I see no reason to think that.

Good luck with the press.
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »

Just sent the email to Wired. got an auto response back

...The [email protected] email address is mostly a repository for all
the spam and hate mail that comes in from the four corners of the
internet.

While I do check it, it is quite possible that your message may be
lost in the hundreds and hundreds of junk emails that come in...

Waaagh!
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

Yeah, ha. I've been trying to ignore the Kickstarter as much as possible and just focus on the game (new trailer with new, cool stuff coming soon!), because just thinking about it gets me all worked up and I put energy into the wrong places.

EDIT: oh duh.
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2011, 11:22:27 PM »

ohhhh... I see.

Well the problem there is that Kickstarter locks out the rewards once someone has donated at that level. so... as of right now... Every level is locked out.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »

Yeah, didn't I already say that it was? My advice not good enough?

You have more chances of succeeding in Kickstarter if you are well known in a community, or have made something in the past that was well received. You are neither well known in a community nor have you made anything in the past. I haven't seen many (or any) Kickstarter's that were successfully funded when neither of those criteria are met.

Perhaps if your promotional video was more than just you plopping down Unity's first person prefab and walking around with terrain that looks like you spent a total of 10 minutes on. Other than the fact you chose some pretty colors and messed with the fog settings a little, it looks like you did little else. You walking around a colorful landscape isn't enough for me to want to reach into my pocket and put some money down.

You should have waited until you had actual content to demonstrate, at least on the simplest terms, what your game is going to be like. Otherwise, as it appears to me, you just have a decent idea and only a limited understanding of how games (and games development) work. Added to the fact you mention you need a decent coder, why would anyone want to help fund this?

I wish you luck, but you should have listened to my advice earlier. Probably would have saved you a bit of time and anguish.
namragog
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:46 AM »

blahblahblah

That is a kind of aggressive bunch of paragraphs you have there. I think you should either revise what you wrote, or not say anything at all. Personally, I don't think that the kickstarter was a bad idea at all.
delete me
Level 0

This account is very old, I don't use it.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »

I agree with namarog here. Its not like peanutbuttershoes was asking for an annual salary's worth of income, hes looking for enough to help him move the project. If you find his game unimpressive, his efforts lacking, or his experience insufficient, you have a fabulous option available to you:

Don't fund him, hater.

Not to say I don't like you Allen, but please keep the negativity out of devlogs, this is where its needed the least.
namragog
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07:52 AM »

I agree with namarog here. Its not like peanutbuttershoes was asking for an annual salary's worth of income, hes looking for enough to help him move the project. If you find his game unimpressive, his efforts lacking, or his experience insufficient, you have a fabulous option available to you:

Don't fund him, hater.

Not to say I don't like you Allen, but please keep the negativity out of devlogs, this is where its needed the least.

This
deathtotheweird
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:43 AM »

That is a kind of aggressive bunch of paragraphs you have there. I think you should either revise what you wrote, or not say anything at all. Personally, I don't think that the kickstarter was a bad idea at all.

you must really be a cynical person if what I wrote seemed aggressive. I was joking in the part about not taking my advice, if that's your problem. can you pinpoint me specific things you take issue with? otherwise this sort of vague generalize nonsense is unnecessary. I gave good reasoning as to why I think the Kickstarter was a bad idea. You give zero reasoning as to why you think it's a good idea and fail to refute my reasoning. Which post is more helpful? Which post is the troll? (hint: you are the troll and your post is unhelpful)

if what I said is untrue I would be more than willing to revise what I said. he asked a question ("I wonder if the Kickstarter was a bad idea?") and I answered it. Don't call me a hater or attack my tone, that fails to address anything I've said. I wished him luck and gave him damn good advice, and yet I'm being called a hater? I even said his game was a good idea, but what he has isn't a game nor a prototype.

If you find his game unimpressive, his efforts lacking, or his experience insufficient, you have a fabulous option available to you:

Don't fund him, hater.

What is your deal? My post was a direct response his question, it's not like I randomly came out of the blue to shit on his plan and to explain why I won't fund him. If he didn't want the answer then he shouldn't have asked the question. Point to me, in my post, where I said any of those things. Or better yet don't, because I already know you pulled those out of your ass and I don't give a fuck what you think.

I'm not here to coddle him and say "oh your game is great it was a great idea, you're so talented" blahblah. I'm here to tell the truth. I'm sorry if he doesn't like the answer but that's not my problem. It's not me hating or me being negative, it's me telling him what I see.

His game is a fine idea, but that's all I see right now. A fine idea and a 10 minute thing in Unity. Which is okay, every one starts somewhere. All I was saying is that it was a bad idea to start a Kickstarter having not even finished a prototype of the game. I don't see how that's negative or me hating on him, and that was a direct and valid response to his question.

If you guys are going to go around in circles attacking me without proper reasoning, you can fuck off. You can't troll me that easily.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic