Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 02:05:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIndie developer websites.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Indie developer websites.  (Read 8211 times)
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 02:24:26 AM »

I found it incredibly easy to set up too.

Hach-Que
Level 1

a radical dame who likes to make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »

Google Apps is brilliant.  The first ever spam email to hit my inbox happened only a few days ago, compared to the years in which I've actually been using the service.

Not only that, but it's good for sharing prototypes and discussing ideas with your team members through Docs or Wave.  Wink

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 08:09:14 AM »

Slick page! I really like the flow and ease to the eye, and how all the info is there.
I must say my webpage sucks a lot in comparison  :D

I've been using Google Analytics and it's the most awesome shit ever. You can even see the click rate on an overlay to the real page (like, "this link was clicked 100 times a day", seeing it in the actual page). Unique visitors, trending.
I found really useful to see that 1/3 of the people that visited my site was using a Mac, and 90% had at least a 1024x768 screen.

For all of you, if you're showing flash games in your site, remember they can be embedded by an IFRAME.
That might seem ok for exposure but:
1. They are making money by adding banners and shit around (damaging the experience/not paying you)
2. They're stealing yaw bandwidths11!1

Solution: Add a "_top" checking JavaScript Smiley
If _top.location.href isn't anywhere near your site, change it so it is! There are a lot of scripts around for that.

Working on HeliBrawl
JustRadek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »

Thanks! As far as the visual design of the site, we really wanted to make it feel spacious. Simply increasing the padding between the text, menu options, images, etc., went a long way towards that.

As a quick example, I viewed a sample post with two different CSS schemes. The first scheme used default text markup, and the post looked crowded and somewhat overwhelming. In the second scheme, I increased letter and word spacing by a single pixel, and line-height by two more pixels, and all of the sudden the post seemed that much easier to digest.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic