Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:41:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesDuck and Cover: The Lost Time Machine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Duck and Cover: The Lost Time Machine  (Read 5188 times)
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:20 AM »

Here's the start of my entry, which is our favourite post apocalyptic experience demaked into a 90's FMV interactive adventure. It will feature it's own story which ties together all 3 Fal..., ahem, Duck and Cover games.

Taking place in the storyline of Duck and Cover 3, the Brothers of Metal uncover the top secret time machine division in the depths of ruined Pentagon. You all know this section of the government if you ever read the Time Machine novels like I did. The Brothers having aquired this technology send you on an adventure into the timeline of the first two Duck and Cover games.

I'm making all the videos with Lionhead's game The Movies which is an idea I've been draging around for a long time now. I've even switched from XNA to C so as many of you fine gentelmen will be able to play the game. I've so far put together the skeleton of the game which is more or less a video player surrounded with some menus but since I had no prior C(++) experience I am quite happy to come as far as hand compiling a load of libraries and stitching together code to make videos play (with SDL and FFmpeg API that is).

I've had a little late start on the movie making side and there's probably no way to finish this till 7th, but I did finish the intro overnight and by the end of the compo I hope to have a demo with some story branches implemented.

Here you go then:

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »

I thought I posted here? I was looking forward to this in any case.

mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:42:16 AM »

I didn't have an account when I first checked out the video...

I watched a friend play The Movies once, and, based on that viewing, the supplied video looks great!  The suggestion of a demake to a FMV game makes me want to create *new* terrible FMV games, because it seems like it would be lots of fun.

The title made me think of a friend's movie compo entry that featured a company boss obsessed with ducking and covering.  Maybe that could be mashed up into a FMV game... Hmm.

If you got a demo together, even if it's too late to enter, it'd be worth posting.

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »

Poor you, nobody cared about your game.
Not everybody is an attention whore

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Vegetable
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »

This game looks amazing, and I'd love to see you finish it. If you'd like some help from a C++ programmer with a few years of game programming experience, drop me a line.
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »

Sigvatr: Don't drink the glowing water.

Vegetable: Thanks, if I'll need anything you'll be the first to know.

Others: Thanks for the feedback. I feel a little embarased since I have been playing Spore for the whole last week not doing anything on the project. But today I've fought the demons of procrastination and got the rest of the intro finished (the black and white photos naration) and the menu. Now it's only the whole game left WTF

Time to play your amazing entries now ...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 05:10:12 PM by Retro » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:28:33 PM »

Looks really interesting so far. o.o Hope to see it finished.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:35:57 AM »

Looking promising, I hope you'll continue this!

"Fun is rule."
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic