Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411601 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 11:39:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work2D artist needed for Six Sided Sanctuary
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D artist needed for Six Sided Sanctuary  (Read 1100 times)
poe
« on: October 27, 2012, 12:08:51 PM »

Hi guys!

We need an artist for Six Sided Sanctuary; a puzzle game in which you play as a cube trying to travel through various puzzles environments. To get through these environments you will need to pick up panels on each of your six sides. These panels have different properties; for instance wood panels allow you to float on water, sticky panels allow you to climb walls... etc.

Right now we need textures, particle effects and UI designs
Textures can either be 16X16 or 32X32.
If you can do 3D modelling that is a bonus (but it isn't a requirement).

You will get creative license for the game's art (though we will ask you for specific things like a grass tiles, wood tiles, water tiles...etc). We would also love to have someone that can really get involved and give feedback, new ideas and critiques.

The game is being programmed by me in C#/XNA.

All audio is being created by Tim Rurkowski.

Payment: Revenue share of 30%

You can find some of our current gameplay here:

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »

I'm interested.  The game itself looks pretty fun and promising, and I've been looking to join a project.  I'm mainly good at texture/tile and UI design, which is perfect for this (I'm not that great with characters or animations).

Did a few example textures based off of tiles from an old project I had created, but stopped working on:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:35:44 AM by Forstride » Logged

poe
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »

I'm interested.  The game itself looks pretty fun and promising, and I've been looking to join a project.  I'm mainly good at texture/tile and UI design, which is perfect for this (I'm not that great with characters or animations).

Did a few example textures based off of tiles from an old project I had created, but stopped working on:

For style I guess it would be up to you, if I'm reading this right those are from an old project? Would you mind creating some tiles for the game so I can get a better grasp on your style? An inanimate water tile, the top to the vent, and the crate siding should be wide enough in variety to help me get a feel for it.
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »

Water:

Vent (Top):

Crate (Side):

The crate might need tweaked a bit, but they turned out a lot nicer than I thought they would honestly.  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:52:04 AM by Forstride » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic