Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 10:03:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Position Filled] Programmer needed for a very simple game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Position Filled] Programmer needed for a very simple game  (Read 1273 times)
ninspriterx
Level 0

You can call me Nin.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »

We are looking for someone with experience with iOS and Android devices to help program an arcade action puzzle app-game. The game itself is almost content complete and what's left is just a few animations, a background and the rest of the soundtrack. We expect that the game engine shouldn't be too difficult either because it's fairly simple gameplay of rotating/switching pipes, collecting items and dodging enemies to finish levels. It will also include mini-game and boss stages, three different play modes (including multiplayer) and an in-game store. (The gameplay is based off of the Bioshock hacking mini-game.)

The main character cast.

An idea of what we hope the game to look like.
We do have much more (again almost everything done) and we'd be happy to show it all to those who are very interested in lending a hand.

To be blunt I'm a part of DreamShow Productions, a staring-out indie-game dev group that so far only consists of three talented artists/designers/animators with no completed work to show for (unless you're amused by nice concept, art and sprite work). To this day we've learned to lower our standards in our ambitions for project sizes and I can assure you we've matured into a realistic group of people.

About pay: Unfortunately we cannot present anything up front. The game itself will be mainly marketed as a free app. A fuller $0.99 version is also planned released but our expectations are to initially get our names known. Whatever is made the programmer will receive 23% of the revenue. Forgive me if it is unorthodox to make this thread in this section.
But as a group of aspiring game designers we plan on taking the steps to becoming a real game-making group. We have our general plans set for the next several years and if you're already graceful enough to help us out now I'm sure our other ideas will be enlightening enough to have you stick around.

As for Pipe Works, we'll be pushing for a mid-January 2013 release. For those who are interested please PM me or e-mail [email protected]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:15:09 AM by ninspriterx » Logged

Check out the dev log!
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »

Are you serious?

This sounds more like a scam than a job offer. At least put it in the unpaid section where it belongs.

Master of all trades.
ninspriterx
Level 0

You can call me Nin.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »

A scam? I haven't lied about a single word, though I admit that helping us out is a gamble but also possibly an investment.

I'm only asking for anyone who might be vaguely interested in helping program to contact us and I'm positive the rest of our material will be convincing enough. We're just new at this and we don't know where to turn, I didn't mean to come off malconspicuously. If this thread needs to be moved then so be it.

Check out the dev log!
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »

I like your sprites, y'all should participate in the community we've got going on here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:31:07 AM by Belimoth » Logged

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »

I find your offer outrageous, for the very least.
You want someone to work on a free game, and tell them that in a future game(not the free game) which won't be free you will give them 23% of the profits?
It's very greedy and exploitative.

If you want someone to work for royalties, at least make them an equal member of the team. You basically tell them you are going to be so popular it's gonna be worthwhile and you will give them some crumbs as a reward.

Master of all trades.
blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

it is almost and equal cut. with the programmer there will be 4 people. i'd say they are holding %8 for costs or something like that

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
ninspriterx
Level 0

You can call me Nin.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:14:41 AM »

The three members, including the recently recruited programmer (position filled), are receiving 23%. The project head guy, who pretty much designs everything and works on the music by himself, gets 30%.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to becoming part of this community. I see there's a worlds to learn.

Check out the dev log!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic