Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:49:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBattlegeist (alpha)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Battlegeist (alpha)  (Read 2087 times)
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »

Hello everyone, I just started on here and on our game as well(well it's been a few months). The game I am developing is called battlegeist, where players pilot giant mech(or geists) and fight with and against each other. Currently we just have the realtime combat part working and a few missions that you can try out, hopefully with other players. This is still in alpha and it's still very much a work in progress, hope some of you will come try it out and give us some feedback or suggestions on the game.

Thanks!

The link to the game is alpha.battlegeist.com, and here is a screenshot:
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »

Well not sure if the front page is a little buggy, or just big and scary, but I made a little quick start page where you can just jump straight to the action(well the tutorial at least). Hopefully that will make it easier to try it out. Here is the quickstart, it may take a little but to load (hopefully not) and should be working.

Thanks again for trying it out, any feedback on the bugginess or on gameplay would be greatly appreciated.
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »

Ahh, nice. The reason i didn't have a go is because i had to create an account.

I will edit this again when i have played a bit. Smiley

Edit:
I gave the tutorial a little whirl, the presentation is nice. The animations are good and the sounds are nice too.
The only problem i have is with the combat. I think it would be better if the game had more arcadey shooting. Meaning you click where you want to shoot and it happens, instead of having a more mmo feel to the combat where you click and then wait for things to happen.

cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »

yeah made a few modifications so that accounts are not required for the tutorial at least, will try to integrate the other stuff later.
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:48 AM »

Overhauled the combat a bit, hopefully it's more fun and responsive now:)
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »

Well done for a mech game, unfortunately my old laptop can't handle multiple mechs running around and firing. Looks good though. Maybe when I upgrade Smiley.
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »

Ouch, we tried it on a few old machines, and it was decent:( What kind of system do you have?
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »

Thinkpad x41, so 1.6 ghz, and that powerhouse of a graphics chip the Intel 915GM. I don't blame you for not optimizing the game for 5 year old laptops though Smiley.

edit: is there a debugging command so I could see how the fps is doing?
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:37:29 PM »

yeah actually hitting f gives you the fps and n is for the netgraph if you care.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 06:03:28 PM »

Yep I was just curious -- about 5 fps when moving around, otherwise 8 or 9.
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »

Ouch, yeah we were hoping for around 30fps at least, that's quite low:(
cbuster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »

Hello everyone, been a little bit, but we finally finish making some major upgrades to the game including an upgrade shop. Hopefully it adds a little more depth to the game. Happy holidays.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic