Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411586 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:45:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSociety (retro art game)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Society (retro art game)  (Read 3665 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »

I'm not getting the lock up today in the tutorial. I some times had to right click twice to move the rc menu or lc twice to make it disappear. Then I updated my Flash player, and the need to double click happened much more rarely. It might be framerate related, since moving and attacking became slower when I brought up the rc menu.

Also, it might also be a problem with Firefox and its plugin container hogging up resources. The plugin container averages consuming a slight majority of CPU processing (50-60%) while I play the tutorial or regular game. Then system idle shoots over 70% when the animations lag with the rc menu up.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Starflier
Level 2

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

It's not the prettiest game, but it's unique and fun

Metal Snail Idea Workshop - Hey, there's actually a website there now X(
Cats in the Kitchen - It's a comic about cooking, and the cooks that do it...
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

It's not the prettiest game, but it's unique and fun

LOL  Durr...?

Yeah, I'm definitely not an artist.  Though I'm quite proud of the job I did - things actually look decent for a change Smiley

I recently changed around some of the code in the game  Turns out adding that tutorial really did make things a bit slower, and I tried to counter that as much as possible.

Hopefully the optimization cleared up some of the problems people have been having.

I will now start the long journey towards looking for a sponsor!  Wish me luck ,eh?

Please please change some of the colours - reading the instructions made my eyes bleed.

Oh, and I agree with you Smiley  Unfortunately, I suck when it comes to colors, so that was the best I could do.  If there are any artists that could tell me a better font color, that'd be great!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:18:10 PM by jrjellybeans » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic