Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:43:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBanker's Dozen
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Banker's Dozen  (Read 1061 times)
dmershon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Banker's Dozen is an experimental game about relativity and finanace.  Let me know what you think!

Trailer and Game Download

http://www.universalhappymaker.com/game/bankers-dozen/

Screenshots

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »

This game is fantastic. I really enjoyed it. It took me a few tries to win but the experience only lasted around 15 minutes total. So a bit short and easy, but fun. To win all I did was buy a few koalas and komodo dragons and waited until earth made one orbit around me and sold them at a huge profit.

A few complaints is that the game doesn't really explain anything to you, so my first tries playing it were basically trial and error. Stumbling across Earth by coincidence and saw the menu pop up I figured out that I was supposed to be trading stuff. Then my ship had trouble moving and I got thrown out of the solar system. I didn't know that adding so much weight to my ship would cause it to perform so poorly. Who knew a few koalas and a couple of bottles of wine could make my ship utterly impossible to control???  Tongue The shelf life wasn't explained in the game either, which I figured that out just by trial and error as well.

A readme would have solved these complaints and I would have spent more time enjoying the game rather than fiddling around trying to figure out what's what. But then again, it was only a few tries before I figured it out on my own and it didn't really hurt the overall experience.

(tip to anyone playing: press alt+enter to force the game into fullscreen)

also you should make a web build for the game, since it's not that large anyway. it's a lot more accessible and more people will be apt to play it. just a thought.
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:57 PM »

Pretty neat!

This is something I definitely haven't seen before. I had no idea what I was doing until I read Allen's comment above, though. Also the 27th birthday seems to come up much too fast, or is it just that the head of the firm is in a different temporal frame of reference?  Wink

Are you continuing development on it, or is Banker's Dozen a fait accompli?

dmershon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! 

@Helmeted: I'm thinking the game will stay as is unless some bugs crop up.  The 27th birthday thing was an oversight so I ought to fix that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic