Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:02:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingColor Clash: Techno Tilt
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Color Clash: Techno Tilt  (Read 1090 times)
LazyDog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

Hi! During the last month me and a friend (Jop) has been working allot on a puzzle game for iPhone that we call Color Clash: Techno Tilt. As part of the project, and to be able to get feedback in a early stage, we have decided to release a version for PC. We actually posted the PC version in the announcement board a few weeks back but now that we are very close to a release for iPhone we decided to post a new updated PC version in this section. We would greatly appreciate any feedback but especially of the kind regarding difficulty levels. Are some of the challenges too hard? Were did you get stuck? Could the game be made more intuitive?
Answers to these question would really help us.

Description:
Color Clash: Techno Tilt is a puzzle game for players who are looking for a real mind boggling challenge. Control blocks of different colors by tilting the playing field. Match red with red and blue with blue, donĀ“t mix colors! Smiley

Controls
Arrow keys:    Tilt playing field
Enter key:    Reset
Esc key:    Quit / Return to menu
Platform

Download the PC version here:
http://www.gamersdelight.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/colorclash-1.10.zip

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:55:27 PM by LazyDog » Logged

Download my games at www.gamersdelight.eu
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »

huh, I was expecting not to like this, as I'm not generally big on puzzle games. But, it's really good fun Smiley the difficulty curve is just right- you did a really good job of easing up the difficulty, and the levels are a good length (shortish) so that if any turn out to be too easy or too hard they don't stick out much and spoil the experience.

I played through a bunch of levels last night and just kept going through them. I eventually stopped on the puzzle bobble character, it was late and it had me stumped Smiley

no crits really, I think you've got a great product! I guess your main challenge will be getting people like me to try it (who think they might not enjoy it) and get them hooked

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »

Pretty fun little game. I think I would have preferred the spacebar over Enter for switching and restarting levels, though, because it's a bit awkward to use with the arrow keys.
I also would have liked if, when you beat a level and press Enter, it automatically selects the next level for you instead of having to manually switch to it.
Finally, the mechanic for putting 3 colours together was a bit confusing to me at first - perhaps something should explain that you have to have them all touching at the same time, or you fail the level.
Otherwise, it was a nice game! I think it was just challenging enough, and it'll look great on an iPhone. I haven't beaten it yet, but I probably will tonight.
jop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »

Thx guys for your feedback! I'm the other developer working on this project and I just released a new version of this game with a few fixes, i.e options to disable music/sfx.

Get it at http://www.gamersdelight.eu/color-clash-techno-tilt/

I will edit the first post as soon as i get a hold of Lazy.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic