Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:11:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPurgatory Area
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Purgatory Area  (Read 1655 times)
Toadfrogs
Level 0

Filipino Game Programmer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »

Game Description: A short, mouse-only platform game. You're in a purgatory where you will discover different things. Made in one day for Ludum Dare 19 with the theme of Discovery.

Screenshot:

Links:
YoYo Games - http://www.yoyogames.com/games/156499-purgatory-area
Gamejolt - http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/platformer/purgatory-area/4142/

Source Code (Game Maker 8 Pro) - http://www.box.net/shared/z7uplhqgab

Its good to be making games again! Have fun guys Smiley

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »

I like the graphics and the music, but I think controls aren't so intuitive. Maybe you'd better refine the interaction. Maybe controls were the central idea in your plans, but I find them weird (but this might be a subjective issue). Last point: is it normal that I show the mouse cursor after I've "catched" the sprite? I wouldn't see it after that, it's useless.

Toadfrogs
Level 0

Filipino Game Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:15:43 AM »

I like the graphics and the music, but I think controls aren't so intuitive. Maybe you'd better refine the interaction. Maybe controls were the central idea in your plans, but I find them weird (but this might be a subjective issue). Last point: is it normal that I show the mouse cursor after I've "catched" the sprite? I wouldn't see it after that, it's useless.

Well, yeah... the cursor will stay at the player once its positioned... I've tried that gameplay for somewhat an experiment. I guess some people wouldn't like that experimented gameplay. Thanks for the comment though Smiley

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:36:53 AM »

First of all, very nice music and atmosphere. I actually kind of like the mouse controls, but the jumping is pretty annoying. I wish you didn't have to release the mouse button to jump, especially since it makes you stop moving.

I had an idea for a control scheme that might be better: press a mouse button to move, tap it to jump, and hold it down to stop.
Toadfrogs
Level 0

Filipino Game Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »

First of all, very nice music and atmosphere. I actually kind of like the mouse controls, but the jumping is pretty annoying. I wish you didn't have to release the mouse button to jump, especially since it makes you stop moving.

I had an idea for a control scheme that might be better: press a mouse button to move, tap it to jump, and hold it down to stop.

Thanks for the comment Smiley
... And good idea for the mouse controls, although I'll try if I can work it on Game Maker. I would do a sequel of this game if it works, thanks for the idea. :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic