Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 09:41:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGPost-Apocalyptic Unicorn Uprising! ***Completed***
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptic Unicorn Uprising! ***Completed***  (Read 32417 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »

Indeed an awesome effort good sir. I agree that some kind of 'end' to it would have improved the game considerably, maybe with an epic ginormous robot lord to fight against. I expect updates.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

Indeed an awesome effort good sir. I agree that some kind of 'end' to it would have improved the game considerably, maybe with an epic ginormous robot lord to fight against. I expect updates.

You are right, you are all quite right!

There was, in fact, a ginormous robot lord planned, in fact.  It, along with several other things, were cut, at about 10:45 pm on the Sunday night before the deadline, as I contemplated the fact that I had to work that Monday, and that there was no way I would fit everything into the game that I wanted to before the deadline.

But I have to admit, I'm enjoying working on it, so I think there will probably be updates, just because there are several things that I'd really like to do to make it feel "complete", and live up to my vision for the project.

Which do, in fact, include a ginormous robot lord.

Thank you for the kind words!

Side note:

Holy crap, I'm mentioned on Kotaku!   We're all on Kotkau!

I... wish I'd provided a better screenshot now...

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »

Awesome stuff, sir. I love it. I kept playing for quite some time until I realised that nothing else was gonna happen. Cool

olücæbelel
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

Oh man, I waited way too long to play this one!

Haha, it's definitely sooo awesome to be a pack of righteous unicorns.

Since there was no inherent goal as the game progressed, I found myself making up my own goals, like "No respawning unicorns, only rainbow defence" or the opposite "No rainbow, only respawning"

I found that the coolest part, that I could ramp the difficulty how I liked instead of being made to play how hard the creator wants me to play.

Top notch I say!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »

This game has such a sense of atmosphere to it. Unicorns bounding majestically across endless post-apocalyptic wastelands. Firing beams of pure good from their righteous horns at the menacing mechanical war machine. I was so there. Would love to see this polished up in the future. Good stuff.

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

I'm a bit late to the party, but I really liked what you had going with this!  The art was fun and the whole thing felt simple, yet not too simple.  Easy to pick up and play.  Very cool!  Unicorns for the win!
Cheers,
--Zack
cookiecups
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »

OMG - thank you. This is the game I was born to play.
Thank you for knowing how much unicorns rule and how much robots suck.
I love this.
GOTY.
xxoo
 Gentleman
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic