Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 02:17:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMovie Industry - a game about running a film studio.We welcome your feedback!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Movie Industry - a game about running a film studio.We welcome your feedback!  (Read 850 times)
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:14:05 AM »

Hey there guys, a newbie here. We're a startup studio Rhapsody Games and for the last 12 months we've been working on our first ever project, the one that we've agreed to call "Movie Industry". The name is quite explicitly tells what game is actually about - running a movie studio in Hollywood.

TRAILER  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xL5p6zlE88&feature=youtu.be

This is how the Studio looks like

A collection of craftable movie sets

USA map, where players open new offices, stores and workshops for set parts

Features:

•  Kick-ass pixel art visuals and slick-lookigng GUI;
  •  USA map, a huge market available for your conquest;
  •  40+ different craftable movie sets in 6 settings - Adventure, Fantasy, Modern, Historical, Space, War;
  •  60+ character costumes;
  •  6 types of upgradable buildings;
  •  5 character types - Directors, Actors, Camera men, Scriptwriters and VFX guys, each of them with personal skillset;
  •  20+ marketing cards;
  •  Quirky storyline, based on rivalry with your former friend.

As you can see, from POV perspective Movie Industry is unusual for a common strategy-and-sim games. But we think it works better for this particular setting. Players start with a small and dusty office and scriptwriters shack, and they progress through upgrading their offices and accessing more and more advanced technologies.

Crafting and collecting new movie sets are a big part of the gameplay. Players should collect 4 unique parts in order to craft a new set and use it for shooting new movies.

The game is in alpha right now, i.e. everything is working like it should, we're just now adding layers of polishing on it.
The target platforms would be iOS and Android, with possible PC release as well later on.
The game is free2play, however we tackle players progression gently and won't squeeze pennies from players.

The most important thing for us right now is to gather actual feedback. What do you guys think about our game based on the information above? What would you like us to include in the game? What do you think about the name?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:27:16 PM by Ilya Salamatov » Logged
tuemiste
Level 0

Blurp is freshh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:16:58 AM »

I must say that the name of your game got me confused. But the concept looks great. although i have to say that i already played a game with a similar game design. I can't come up with the name. But it doesn't really matter. Your visuals a awesome. And makes me want to try your game out. Smiley

Lets be crazy for a second and picture a world without stress... All you have to do is follow the rules inside the book.... would you try it out ? Quarantime
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:24 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! The game you're talking about is probably The Movies by Loinhead Studios, it came out like 9 years ago. It certainly is a source of our inspiration to some extent.
But what's up with the name specifically, what is causing the confusion. Is it too dry?
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »

Just to let everybody know, we've added a gameplay video, you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xL5p6zlE88&feature=youtu.be
jamescam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »

I thought of The Movies when I watched the trailer (that is a good thing).  The game looks well made and typically Im not a fan of pixelated art work but you are doing it right.  Best of luck!

Gut Shot Games<br />
www.twitter.com/gutshotgames
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 05:23:21 AM »

I thought of The Movies when I watched the trailer (that is a good thing).  The game looks well made and typically Im not a fan of pixelated art work but you are doing it right.  Best of luck!

Thanks! I'll try to guess what you mean. One of the tough picks for us was whether we wanted the interface to be pixelated (like Pixel People or Tiny Tower), but in the end we decided that a more standard and yet stylish GUi with no pixelated elements would actually be more suitable for the game.
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 01:04:56 AM »

We got a new fancy logo!
samqthegame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »

This looks awesome!!  Wizard Noir Tiger
Ilya Salamatov
Level 0